Download ZCal: Zimbra Calendar Sync apk 2.2 free for Android smartphone
Apk file size: 1.3 MB
ZCal is a Zimbra calendar sync client for Android. Due to its implementation as sync adapter it integrates seamlessly with the default Calendar app.
ZCal does not rely on CalDav or Excange ActiveSync protocols unlike other calendar sync apps, and uses native Zimbra API's instead. This allows ZCal to work equally well with both Network and Community editions of Zimbra server without compromising on features.
✔ Two-way calendar sync - Server to device and device to server
✔ Multiple Calendars - Each calendar appears with its own colour in the Calendar app
✔ Supports shared and multilevel (sub) calendar folders
✔ Supports recurring events and event exceptions
✔ Supports syncing to multiple accounts / servers
✔ Support for self-signed SSL certificates
✔ Configurable - Choose sync frequency, Calendars to sync, and other options under sync settings
✔ Comprehensive support for Zimbra Calendar fields, including Attendees, Location, Privacy, Status, Recurrence, Reminders and detailed descriptions.
✔ Encrypts stored passwords
* Setting up ZCal on your device - http://goo.gl/4sjo7J
* Importing existing Calendars into Zimbra - http://goo.gl/9s99A3
* Filter / choose Calendars to display and sync in the Calendar app - http://goo.gl/y2c4u1
* Android 4.1 (JellyBean) / Samsung Galaxy S4 users will have to install the workaround app if accounts disappear on reboot: http://goo.gl/lqNuGs
* Installing on SD Card is not supported, as Android does not support sync adapters installed on SD card and will remove accounts on reboot.
* Android 4.4 (KitKat) users will also have to install the workaround app if accounts disappear on reboot: http://goo.gl/lqNuGs
* Please report bugs at our support email address below. Feedback is always welcome.
* This app works best with the Google Calendar app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.calendar
- Default event privacy will reflect "Default appointment visibility"'s value
- Fixed calendars to sync oddities
- Prefixed calendars with the account name when selecting calendars to sync
- Fixed incorrect titles on invited events created externally (ex: Outlook)
- Fixed can't edit when event has attendees
- Fixed can't sync private event to shared calendar
- Fixed DNS Caching issue
- Timezone fix when server and client are in different zones
- Timezone fixes for all day and recurring events
APPSROPOS part of our Productivity and have average installs from 1000 to 5000. Last Update Aug. 5, 2015. Google play rating is 73.8775. Current verison is 2.2. Actual size 1.3 MB.
Change password Is there any possibility to add change password for an existing account. If I want to change the pass I have to delete and readd the account with the new password. Beside that is a great app.
Very confusing This app really needs a user guide or a help function to get it going. Once it works it is good but wow getting it there is so frustrating. Update: the calendar keeps deleting day 8. So everything moves up a day and if don't see it in time your new apts are put in wrong day.
Seems fairly stable And works quite nice too. Not missed a beat since the last update (4.4). Will upgrade to a 5 star if it keeps on working next time Android updates ... :)
Note 2 didn't work at first, but developer had fix to me in 24 hours. Impressive customer support!
I can't sync with my current calendar Bought the app and there is really no clear direction to sync with the current calendar on my SG4. HELP!!!
Nice App Works well on my Moto G2 KK 4.4.4 except for the crashing of android calendar app the moment I try to change the color of a ZCal calendar. Please fix this !!!
Great app for Zimbra users
Does exactly what is supposed to do. Allows me to bidirectionally sync my Zimbra calendar to my Android phone. I can choose to sync only the calendars I choose to. This was a big deal for me; since switching to a Samsung, all my Z calendars would come in as one and I couldn't turn the ones i didn't need off. This was the perfect solution for me. Thanks!!
I was using Zextras and ActiveSync before discovering Zcal/Zcard. It worked, but the yearly license was frustrating. Zcal/Zcard worked right out of the box, no config changes to make server side. I had a small bug whereby new calendar events were always coming through as private events. I started working with the support team, and within 24 hours (and me sending logs over) they had a the issue resolved and the update in the Play Store. All this whilst there was a national holiday as well! Very impressive service, and a great app. Would HIGHLY recommend.
Great app, finally getting the Zimbra Calendar to my mobile. No fuss, just doing it. The config is fairly simple if you know a little about Zimbra servers (it's address and your credentials, really) A little room for improvement (the reason for the missing 5th star): once the config is completed, there is no message confirming... just the application disappearing... There should be a confirmation on the screen, a place where you can see the account created (and thus avoiding entering it a second time). When first installing and successfully configured, there is a delay for the calendar to update where the user wonders if it worked or not...
Not what I was needing While this does do exactly what they say it does, and it does it very well, it wasn't what I was looking for. I was hoping it would sync events from other calendars on my android to my Zimbra calendar. It does not do this. Still this is my own misinterpretation of the description and not the developer. Good app.
not working - no support Is not working as advertised. Of several calendars only a fraction of the events get synced. Tested on several devices w/ different Android versions. Everytime the same strange behaviour. Wrote to support, got an answer asking for the logs. Haven't heard from them since (about 40 days as of today). money lost :(
Note 5 Calendars show up under calendar list, but no events show on calendar. Have toggled calendars on/off and reset phone. Will update rating if this gets fixed.