Download X509Tools apk 2.7 free for Android smartphone
Apk file size: 1.3 MB
IMPORTANT: This is the last release of X509Tools! We created a new fully functional email client which includes all features of X509Tools. So please install R2Mail2 from Google Play instead!
X509Tools was created on top of a proof of concept to provide S/MIME capabilities and X.509 certificate support to Android. It supports the decryption of S/MIME encrypted attachments (smime.p7m) and can send encrypted (and signed) emails. Please note that this is not an email client, the App only decrypts messages received by other mail clients or sends mails over SMTP.
X509Tools has an interface for external email clients - we are looking forward to integrate this to K9 etc.
For more information visit http://rundquadrat.at/x509tools
The application needs following permissions:
* Full Internet Access - required to send emails over SMTP
* Modify/Delete SD card content - required to access private keystore and write logs
* Read Email Attachments - required to read smime.p7m attachments if your are using K9 email client
* Read Contacts - required to suggest email addresses from your contacts if sending plain or signed
The application is split into two parts:
* The "Certificate Store" allows you to show the system certificate root store and manage your own personal store. In your personal store you can import keys (*.p12, *.pfx) and certificate (*.cer, *.crt, *.pem, *,p7s) of contacts you want to send encrypted mails to.
* The "S/MIME" part allows you to decrypt smime messages and send encrypted emails. Since this is not an email client use your preferred one and simply open the smime.p7m attachment to decrypt it with X509Tools (the application opens attachment with the mime-type "x-pkcs7-mime").
To provide this features we recompiled parts of bouncycastles crypto libraries and javamail for android, which lead to size of 1.3 MB.
Although the program is fully functional its still in development. So please help us to fix problems or add new features by sending request/bugreports to [email protected] A log file is written to /sdcard/x509tools/ to help us reproduce you issues. If you got decryption error please send us an equivalent encrypted mail (Cert: http://rundquadrat.at/selbitschka.crt) that we can debug this issue.
rundQuadrat OG part of our Communication and have average installs from 10000 to 50000. Last Update Sept. 9, 2013. Google play rating is 76.2393. Current verison is 2.7. Actual size 1.3 MB.
90 Try and u discover a new
Cannot find store
Works, some room for improvement Imported keys and certs fine. View Certificate keeps crashing. I'd love copy/paste in mail viewer as well as viewing a URL with a browser. Thanks!
Delivers as Promised Works as advertised. I can even read my own copies of outgoing mail echoed back to me. Will be even more convenient when the ability to add signatures for incoming main to the certificate store. Very Pleased.
working encryption for android Finally use encrypted emails from an android phone. If you use Astro File Manager you can assign the smime file type and open the encrypted file.
Cool staff. Enables SMIME encrypted email read and write. The best smime app available on market. Yesterday I reported an error and today is solved.
Almost perfect Love the app, hate that it stores files on the root of the sdcard
Cool; now other apps need to use it Looks good; hopefully some other applications will actually use it to provide x509 support (e.g. K9. Mind you, that's open source so it is as much my responsibility to do it as anyones).
Excellent tool, sorely needed Great tool, does exaxtly what I need: enable reading of S/MIME encrypted email on my Android phone!
A little roundabout, but it does what it claims, and fills a badly needed niche. Used with GMail.
Sends email fine (sender name would be nice) but can't decrypt its own messages?? (No header found)
Does exactly what it advertises. First Android app I found that can handle S-MIME attachments.
More than a proof of concept!
SGS2 Very well. now you can send encrypted message.