Download VOR Tracker apk 3 free for Android smartphone
Apk file size: 12.0 MB
VOR Tracker is a small but powerful training tool for pilots. It is the only one of its kind for smartphones and tablets.
VOR Tracker is a real simulation, so you will find no multiple choice questions or abstract explanations. You can actually practice holding patterns, radial interceptions, DME arcs, and two needle tracking in real time, using either an RMI or HSI.
It is practice what it is all about! There is no need for explaining again and again what you already know from flight school. It is about applying your knowledge when the instruments start moving!
Don’t waste your time trying to imagine what you would do in the aircraft – just do it!
VOR Tracker is designed for:
- Student pilots who have the theoretical knowledge needed for flying holding
patterns and interceptions of radials, and want to save money by preparing for their training
- Pilots who want to refresh their lateral navigation skills for an upcoming check ride
- Pilots going for an assessment - holding patterns and interceptions are commonly used during sim assessments and regularly cause sweaty palms of hands of the candidates
- People who have the knowledge of flying IFR procedures and want to give it a try
VOR Tracker is NOT:
- a game
- a flight simulator – it only focuses on HSI/RMI navigation at a constant speed and altitude
- a course teaching you how to fly IFR procedures
Still interested? Read on to find out what VOR Tracker is capable of.
- Choose between RMI or HSI
- Use the instrument like you would do in the real aircraft
- Use the map mode to verify your progress
- Lost? Use the help function to display the holding pattern entries
- Things are going a bit too fast? Use the freeze mode to orientate
- Getting bored in straight flight? Use the fast mode
- You want to start over or change the aircraft’s position? Just drag & drop the aircraft symbol
- Start with no wind and increase the difficulty later on by adding wind
- Use the hidden wind function to make things a bit more interesting
- Getting settled? Why not increase the aircraft’s speed?
- Create your own missions and adjust the wind the way you want
- Adjust the maximum dip error from 0 to 15 degrees for NDB navigation
Prepare yourself without wasting expensive flight- or simulator time – use VOR Tracker to brush up your skills!
- Reposition button: You are now able to practice a particular holding pattern or interception over and over again from different random starting positions
- Improved, more realistic starting positions for interception missions
- Tutorial mode showing the basic functions to get you started
- Small bug fix
Logikwerk GmbH part of our Education and have average installs from 500 to 1000. Last Update June 24, 2016. Google play rating is 89.8113. Current verison is 3. Actual size 12.0 MB.
Like the app I like the app but like an other commenter I'd like to have a heading bug and bearing indicator to the HSI, now I'm not able to use this app for practise purposes. A bearing needle is very important in my opinion. Thanks but I'll reinstall it as soon as you have the bearing indicator.
Awesome app! This app is great for understanding the basics in instrument holding. Please add the option for a heading bug and bearing pointer to the HSI! This would interest more people and broaden the market looking for this type of training aid. Keep up the good work.
Great work guys! This application really helped me learn holding patterns and VOR intercepts almost instanlltly that made my IFR training a piece of cake! I am happy that you will be adding NDB and the heading bug too! It would be great as well if you added manual turning or a little bit shorter turning time to establish the standard rate, it is a little bit difficult to apply small fixes when intercepting. Other than that, thanks to you for building this basic understanding of one aspect of my flying career!
Five star Been looking for a while exactly for this.. To refine my skills..
Great app Looking forward to the update with a bearing pointer!
Pilot It has to show both hsi and rmi.. Refund!
Perfect for maintaining instrument proficiency I use this app to both teach students about instrument navigation and to maintain my own proficiency. The app has an extra option of buying an EHSI which is worth the money paid. What sets this app apart from others is the customizeable scenarios that can provide endless opportunities. I use said option to set up IAPs and practice "flying" them on my tablet. My only request is perhaps the addition of an old school VOR indicator to use in conjunction with basic instrument navigation courses. 5 stars!!
Finally it's here Thank you guys, the new app it's amazing!!!
Missing a lot I want to practice point to points and arching. Also, I NEED a bearing pointer to the station.
Great app The app is great for IFR training really accurate. It's what you whould really expect in an IFR trainer application.
Very useful and well made app You can practice and refresh all your basic ifr-skills any time whenever you're waiting somewhere. Like playing a game, except that it's useful! I really appreciate it every time I have a Sim check.
I love it I wished it had the traditional vor instead...but this app is soo good, esply for orientation while ur Jst beginning to learn IR
Fantastic for practice Brilliant for practicing IMC procedures and miles cheaper than an hour in the air.
Missing instrument. Can you guys add the traditional VOR? Thanks!
I cant install it I've purchased this apps before and after my phone upgraded to Android 6.0 the apps is missing and i tried to install it so many time and failed. It will be 5 star if i can installed it again.. somebody plz help me.