Download ViewR apk 1.11 free for Android smartphone
Apk file size: 49.0 MB
ViewR is a voice controlled demo application that basically mixes a side by side view
for head mounted display solutions like Dive or others with Qualcomm's Augmented Reality SDK Vuforia.
Despite it's limited functionality, ViewR gives a slight impression of how it could feel to be robo cop :)
- Side by Side view in "binocular style" (a tiny bit like Oculus Rift)
- Use voice commands to control the app
- Apply different shaders for various image effects (for instance inverted colors, old film, etc.)
- Shows information in the right upper corner of the display (target information and data from gyro)
- Recognizes predefined targets that will expose 3D models and also play videos
- Manage camera functions: flash and continuous autofocus
- Take screenshots
- Walkera QR W100S FPV (slow)
- Virtual Compass
- "smart watch" target will show an augmented and interactive menu
- "ARena" target will expose a controllable robot (only tested with PS3 Controller)
- MTG trading card target will show a 3D bird (http://magiccards.info/scans/en/m12/165.jpg)
- (photographed) poster targets will play movie trailers and an interview (http://www.buelter.biz/viewr/targets)
- other poster targets will show a sword, a shield and a not yet animated zombie
- background of my not yet ready website will play a short ad (http://bit.ly/1aefcA0)
- Make targets available (either on screen or printed)
- Press ok and put on your HMD
- Look at target to execute an action
- Tap screen to apply another shader to the video background
- Double tap to access options menu
- Press back button to view about screen (twice to quit)
- Whistle/snap/clap to activate voice commands (if it works, you will hear a sound)
- Use "next" and "back" to switch between shaders
- "flash on" and "flash off" to toggle camera flash
- "autofocus on" and "autofocus off" to toggle continuous autofocus
- "focus" to immediately autofocus
- "screenshot", to save a screenshot to /sdcard/Android/data/biz.buelter.viewr/files
- "menu" to access options menu and "close" to close it again
- "launcher", starts the divegames launcher, if you have installed it
- "drone" and "camera" to switch between camera and Walkera QR W100S FPV (make sure you're connected to it)
- "compass on" and "compass off" to toggle compass,
- "exit" to terminate
- Seems not to work on GT-S5301L (got a crash report)
- FPV for Walkera QR W100s works slow
- Speech recognition will only work with Android >= 4.03
- Runs slow on old devices
- Positioning of targets in the scene does not work as well as in other vuforia apps
- Some shaders are far from perfect as I didn't want to go to deep into shader programming
Planned future features
- Proper video recording
- Target positioning like other Vuforia apps
- better latency and controls for Walkera FPV
Version 1.11 was tested on S4 with KitKat (works) and on S1 with ICS (very slow, voice control doesn't work) but technically voice recognition should work on all devices with Android >= 4.03
ViewR will not make use or even send any of your data anywhere (just in case you thought of it:))
Please keep in mind that this is experimental software which is published as a demo and feel free to contact me anytime for whatever reason:)
- added compass (voice cmd: "compass on/off")
- removed kamcord and their permissions (accounts & user credentials)
- improved positioning of many targets (still not perfect)
- added controllable augmented robot (tested with PS3 six axis)
- switched from Unity Pro trial to Unity indie
- added interactive augmented reality menu
- changed sound notifications to less annoying ones
- added FPV for Walkera QR W100S (slow and no controls atm)
Torben Bülter part of our Libraries & Demo and have average installs from 10000 to 50000. Last Update April 2, 2014. Google play rating is 65.0804. Current verison is 1.11. Actual size 49.0 MB.
Needs Improvement It lags and stops at times. Should be a menu option where i can turn off voice since it activates too much. The screen too sensitive and changes its color often. Would be nice to have a manual version of this rather than all voice. - Note4 Galaxy Gear Vr
Constantly Crashes Would like this app to stay open longer than a few min at a time. Will rate 5 when I get to use the app longer.
Like the idea and want one badly (will pay) but keeps freezing and crashing Cant get compass to work. Note2 running 4.1.2. This app has so much potential. Cant read green text on right screen. Please add time&date, navigation (veiw places text name and distance to places of interest when you look at that direction), weather, zoom in and out, longitude/latitude and banner with latest news. Also needs toggle screen active to save batteries when wearing on forehead when out and about. Need alternate control method. DEV check out "ar gps drive navigation".
Works on Galaxy Note 2 I thought it wasn't going to work, but it looks to be working now. It works pretty well with my modified google cardboard. I increased the dimensions to work with the note 2 and have been looking for an app like this.
A minor change The voice command doesn't always work properly, but touching the screen to cycle view modes does. How about implementing the volume keys to cycle? Also: as many others mentioned, the voice command is too sensitive, so a way to turn it off completely would be nice as well. It actually gets in the way of enjoying the app when it acts up. [[EDIT: after updating to 5.0, it stopped working completely]]
Voice controls too sensitive. The app is picking up its own sounds and constantly triggering the voice input prompt.
This is a fantastic demo With a few tweaks... - better response when activating voice controls - it seems really fast the first time but then after that it seems to activate almost at random - ability to select shader by name using voice control rather than having to keep saying "next" - integration of the Cardboard magnet button ... this would definitely be a five-star app. If anything else gets built on top of it they're going to need a whole new star system!
Pretty great! Love it, and love to see how it turns out. It Could be awesome if you put in like a information overlay that could be turned on and off. This is like exactly what I have been searching for, thanks for making it!
A novelty App is a novelty, played with it for a couple of minutes. Perhaps I didn't give it it's fair shake... But after a couple of minutes I was done and didn't care to explore it any further.
Doesn't work on my S5 Does not work at all on my Galaxy S5. Makes my phone restart.
A neat little app Used this quite a bit last year to show off how cool VR headsets can be to my friends. My only gripe is that my navigation bar (home, back, menu) doesn't hide itself when using the app, so it isn't 100% immersive. Even still, great work!
Can't Find Screenshots Love the app. I can't seem to find any folder with that name on my device (galaxy s4) despite looking quite thoroughly. Is there anywhere else I should look? Also, I've been considering writing a similar app with a video capture focus, any resources you might be willing to share?
Doesn't work on S5 Causes phone to reboot
Doesn't work on Galaxy S5 When I try to open ViewR, it instantly closes. Even tried reinstalling.
Doesn't work on my galaxy s4
I like concept It just doesnt work on my galaxy 5. As soon as it does I will give it a good rating because I know I will like it.
Love it! Really great app. Keep up the good work!
Galaxy s2x 4.1.2 Wouldn't load for me...
..... It just closes the app once it opens
Won't load on stock galaxy s3
doesnt load on galaxy S5 doesnt load on galaxy S5.
Just black Nothing to see...
Not working on S5 Same issue as many others, just makes S5 reboot.
Won't open I have a HTC one M8 and the screen go's black then returns to the app drawer.
Immediately closes Immediately closes on my s5. Even completely froze my phone having me to reboot one time.
Literally restarts my phone when I launch it
Wont oppen at all I click on it, screen goes black, and then takes me to my home screen. Looks nice, but looks arent everything
Request Great use on VR..Please make an Ironman view!
It's not fun Repeatedly annoying notification sound. Even when the app is closed.
Galaxy s5. Does not work.
Great app! Very interesting experience. I had issue with camera on galaxy s2, but on s4 it working well. On Galaxy s2 was Android 4.1.2 official. I could not see image from camera, screen was black, i see only green text in upper right corner. EDIT: Sorry, S2 was sold:) EDIT: It would be great, if you provide speech audio examples, to control program. Perhaps because of my emphasis it is difficult to control program for me. Will you add compass, or any other Robocop's HUD feature?:)
This is awesome ! It's like my appartment was another world or a game. Message to devs: Try to make a cartoon effect haha even better, make it a green screen (or choose your chroma) video player and you boy become rich.
This app is by far way more advanced than any other AR app I've come across the market. The ability to detect multiple AR displays is sweet. The Targets or pictures needed for the AR mode are located in the description for those having a hard time figuring out how to work the app -Using Zeiss VR One
Galaxy s2x 4.1.2 Wouldn't load for me...
Need links to pictures This would be 5 stars but there is one thing. Their is no link for the other images so please reply and give me a link.
Great First VR camera app I found that actually isn't completely zoomed in. Makes it easier to interact with the world because it's less distorted
Upside down The image is upside down on Nexus 5x
Ugh So i loaded it up and it uses the camera so i have to hold it in front of my VR headset
Voice commands don't work All the voice commands don't work at all.