Download The Math Adventures of Oscar apk 1.1.3 free for Android smartphone
Apk file size: 20.0 MB
The Math Adventures of Oscar is an educational game for training memory and math skills especially designed for the ages between 5 and 9 years old. It brings 8 different game modes that train different skills associated with basic mathematical reasoning. It's rich in art and animation in order to maintain the entertainment value while fulfilling the educational purpose of this game. The exercises are randomly generated so there's no true limit for them and the navigation was designed to be extremely simple. The exercises are shown as multiple choice where only one choice (out of three each exercise) is correct.
A) DETAILED DESCRIPTION
Generally speaking the game modes go from the most simple to the most complex (regarding mathematical concepts and not necessarily the difficulty of the exercise). The description of all available game modes for this game are:
1) Count: Several fruits are shown on the screen (fruit grid) and a target fruit is given (let's say an apple for example). The player has to count the number of target fruits (for the example the number of apples) and choose the correct answer from 3 possible choices. This is the basic game mode and it's free.
2) Addition: Several fruits are shown on the screen and a simple equation is given (let's say carrot + strawberry). The player must count the number of carrots and the number of strawberries and do addition with both of them giving the correct answer out of 3 possible choices. This is an in-app purchasable item.
3) Subtraction: Very similar to the "addition" mode with the exception that instead of being given an equation of addition it shows a subtraction. The player needs to give the correct answer out of three possibilities. This is an in-app purchasable item.
4) Maximum: This exercise is a bit more complex in the sense that the user needs to count several fruits shown on the fruit grid and determine which one has a bigger count (the maximum). This is an in-app purchasable item.
5) Minimum: Very similar to the "maximum" mode with the exception that instead of requiring the player to find the maximum it asks it to find the minimum. This is an in-app purchasable item.
6) Equality: The player is given a fruit which it needs to find out how many of the same fruit exists on the fruit grid. From this point it needs to find which other fruit has the same count. This is an in-app purchasable item.
7) Missing: The fruit grid is shown and three fruit choices are given. The player needs to determine which one of the choices is missing. This is an in-app purchasable item.
8) Fractions: Possibly the most difficult game mode in the game. The user is shown a division equation of fruits (let's say pineapples and tomatoes). It needs to count the number of (for example) pineapples and tomatoes and apply the division (no decimal numbers are shown, only fractions). The main difficulty of the exercise is that the fraction is shown on its simplified form so 3/1 is actually 3 and 2/4 is actually 1/2. This is an in-app purchasable item.
B) PURPOSE AND FUTURE WORKS
We're hoping to develop a long series of "The Adventures of Oscar" educational games. If you have suggestions for learning exercises or relevant information towards the educational needs of your child please tell us about it. Maybe we can find better solutions for our future educational games.
If you see that something is lacking from this description please send us an email. We prize clear information for our customers.
C) TECHNICAL INFORMATION
This game was built with Ren'py game engine:
Renpy contains free software licensed under a number of licenses, including the GNU Lesser General Public License. A complete list of software is available at:
The music is by Kevin MacLeod:
"Monkeys Spinning Monkeys" Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0
Art and code by "anteia".
This version (1.1.3) has the following new features and fixes:
1) We've added a few buttons to our Facebook page (follow us if you like our work), Google Plus, and our developer page (if you want to check out our other games).
anteia part of our Educational and have average installs from 100 to 500. Last Update Dec. 10, 2015. Google play rating is 80.0. Current verison is 1.1.3. Actual size 20.0 MB.