Download Sunday Worship apk 2.2.2 free for Android smartphone
Apk file size: 13.0 MB
Get instant access to the Church of England's Sunday Bible readings, Collects and post Communion prayers with the official Sunday Worship app.
For every Sunday of the year, plus Principal Feasts and Holy Days, Sunday Worship gives you the key texts in full for that day’s main service, taken from the Church of England’s Common Worship Lectionary.
It will help you:
- Prepare practically for taking part in a Church of England Sunday service, whether you are leading worship, offering intercessions, giving the Bible reading, or running a children’s church.
- Reflect further on the Sunday service’s Bible readings and prayers throughout the week.
- Prepare booklets, pew sheets or projections for use in a local church (in line with official guidance - see http://www.churchofengland.org/prayer-worship/worship/texts/copyright.aspx for more information
Sunday Worship allows you to:
- View the next Sunday’s Bible readings, Collect and post Communion prayers in full
- Browse by date and scroll ahead to future Sundays
- Bookmark your favourite dates for easy reference
- Revisit recently viewed items
The material found in Sunday Worship is taken from the Common Worship Principle Service Lectionary and is intended for use in a church’s main Sunday service. The Principle Service Lectionary is usually used at a church community’s mid-morning service, though the minister is free to decide which service time constitutes the Principal Service of the day.
Sunday Worship is ideal for following and preparing for services. It is free to download but requires payment of a small subscription fee after a 14 day trial period.
Subscriptions are available on an annual basis in two different formats:
- A full subscription which includes all NRSV Bible Readings immediately available at all times even if when you are not connected to the Internet. (Offline access to the NRSV readings.)
- A basic subscription where the Bible readings are only available when you are connected to the Internet. (Online-only access to the NRSV readings. )
The Sunday Worship app is published by Church House Publishing, the official publisher of the Church of England. For more information visit www.chpublishing.co.uk
All Bible references (except to the Psalms) are to the New Revised Standard Version (New York, 1989). Those who wish to use other Bible translations should check the verse numbers against the NRSV.
References to the Psalms are to the Common Worship psalter, published in Common Worship: Services and Prayers for the Church of England (2000) and Common Worship: Daily Prayer (2005)
Contains additional Lectionary data for Advent 2016 to eve Advent 2017.
Aimer Media part of our Books & Reference and have average installs from 1000 to 5000. Last Update Sept. 5, 2016. Google play rating is 86.6667. Current verison is 2.2.2. Actual size 13.0 MB.
Attention to Detail Essentially this is a really good app but on my Galaxy Note 4 the app icon description text doesn't fit on one line so the last p in "Sundayworship" is on a new line. It looks awful on home screen, which is where it would otherwise live, so I removed it. But for this it would have been five stars.
Limited I used this app on iPhone and it was really useful. Now on android all I get is the next week's readings sometimes we work more in advance than that!!
Great I have found this to be a good clean dependable app. The readings are elegantly presented without clutter. Just what I needed
Very useful It is very helpful to have convenient access to the Sunday readings and collects almost anywhere. The off-line subscription is ideal for me. Really good support, too.
have been waiting for this app on android. is it possible to include seasonal provisions like confession, extended preface etc.?
Paid for version doesn't work Loaded the trial version and liked it so much I took out a subscription. Initial bug with subscription verification is now fixed. Thank you Aimer. Enjoying the app, but can it be extended to be able to view more than two weeks please.
Paid for the offline version a few days ago, but still does not work except when I am online. I am still waiting for support to respond please.
Can't subscribe? Shame.. I used to enjoy this app but now the readings won't load even though I paid for a subscription! Eventually I had to cancel.
Communion service, common worship Very useful when planning readings for future services