Download Strength: Fitness & Exercise apk 1.06 free for Android smartphone
Apk file size: 449.0 KB
Simple Setup, Track Workouts, Get Stronger!
Works great with Starting Strength, Stronglifts, or any other barbell strength training program. Exercise to improve your health and fitness, lose weight, and gain strength. Includes a beginners program that will get you started with basic barbell training by doing lifts like the Squat, Bench Press, and Deadlift.
If you need ANY HELP (crashes, doesn't do something you want it to, or just want to talk), email me directly and I'll help you out: [email protected]
I've also got a twitter. See new features, give me feedback on what you want. http://twitter.com/#!/strengthapp
Beta Sale! (price will go up once kinks have been worked out and I finish some new features)
Strength is an Android app I designed to make it simple and easy for someone who's never lifted weights or done a squat before to get stronger. When I started lifting weights a few years ago, I had a hard time figuring out what I was supposed to do. What equipment should I use? Am I using the right form? How do I keep from hurting myself?
With Strength, I hope I can answer those questions for you. If you know what you're doing, you can set up your own custom program. But if you need assistance, I'll help you set up a program. Then you'll automatically be reminded when it's time for a workout. You'll be shown which lifts to do, and at what weight. If you don't know how to do a lift, there's a whole section with articles and videos describing the proper form. If you're having trouble with a lift, the weight will automatically be reduced until you can work back up. Finally there are interactive graphs showing how your lifts are progressing.
* track your progress
* schedule reminders, and never forget to workout again
* automatically be shown what lifts to do, and at what weight
* beginners: simple setup helps you get the right program setup
* advanced: fully customizable workouts
* full version: no ads!
* full version: priority access to future updates
* full version: priority support - if you're having trouble, or if something isn't working right for you, you'll get top priority in my responses
* full version: support the developer! I put a lot of time and effort into making this app, and I want to continue to improve it. By buying the full version, you help me to make it great!
* learn the correct form for common lifts by reading articles and seeing video of the right way to do it
* learn about the benefits of strength training
* learn how to minimize your risk of injury
* learn about the relationship between lifting, eating, and sleeping
* full version: additional articles to answer your questions
* full version: learn what to eat to reach your goals
* see customizable graphs of your progress
* fully pannable and zoomable
1) Bug causing cascade of notifications. I believe this is fixed, but please email me if you encounter it again.
1) Fixed crash when pressing the "Start Workout" button (I believe). Let me know if it happens again!
1) I inadvertently introduced a crash during the setup. If you've already set up the app, no need to upgrade to this version.
1) Trying to track down the bug that's causing crashes when you hit "Start Workout"
Airlock Software part of our Health & Fitness and have average installs from 1000 to 5000. Last Update Dec. 4, 2011. Google play rating is 72.381. Current verison is 1.06. Actual size 449.0 KB.
Great app for Stronglifts 5x5. After 2 workouts with Strength Lite I have finally ditched my trusty pen and paper and bought the full version. Thanks for the great work!
A start but.... I emailed the dev over a month ago; I received no response. In addition to what was sent then, one glaring issue albeit editable, starting strength power clean is 5x3 not 3x5. I can't determine how to edit a load during a workout and have future workouts base loads off of it. I love the interface but you need to address some issues. At this point I'm using the SS wiki spreadsheet.
So much potential. This app has a lot of potential, but it force closes too much. Developer never responded to email about problems. Cannot quit workout once it starts. Seems to have intermittent issues increasing weight.
Simple. Love it! I love it so far. Takes the guess work out of picking weights. If you can't squat (full 90 degree at the knees squat) over 300lbs then you should be on a simple barbell training program like this one. It is the best way to build muscle and burn calories! No point in wasting your time doing all those isolation exercises. I would like to see a few more features. Such as, ability to adjust warmup reps and % of work set, lifts as a %of body weight, and perhaps bodyweigt tracking. Keep up the good work!
Missing some key functionality You can't stop a workout once you start it, so make sure your weights are correct BEFORE starting your workout. You can't edit a workout once it's done nor can you DELETE a workout - this really sucks because if you accidentally start a workout, the only way to get out of it is to mark it as complete - you'll have bad data in your stat tracker. You can't adjust weights during a workout..and you can apparently only do one workout PER DAY. If the developer would clean up these and a few other issues, I'd give it 5 stars. I gave it one star because it just misses on so many points. I didn't bother trying to contact the developer because every other reviewer that said they've tried hasn't gotten a response - instead I'm posting the deficiencies here so you won't waste your $2.
Could of been a contender Unresponsive developer. Cannot edit weight during a workout. Cannot change which workout you are doing if you inadvertently start the wrong one. definitely not worth paying for.
Good so far except... Can't begin a new workout. I set up, and finished one. Now the program just stays at the completed workout scteen. Not frozen, just won't let me do anything useful anymore.
Best logger Only thing better word be an online backup of data.
Awesome app. Just fix a couple things, like being able to change the warmup and switch weight during a workout, and I'll give it 5 stars.
Nice app! Slick, clean app. Progression and stats are nice. Could use some tweaking, but I'm stoked to see how the dev can improve it!
Just what I was looking for! Perfect app for tracking gains on a beginners program. I'll be using this for rippetoes starting strength. I also like the how to parts for newbies.
How to...? Make workout done? And delete exercises?
Great idea put together well I really wanted to live this app but being unable to edit a workout after starting it or change the expected dates of upcoming workouts beforehand git so annoying that I stopped using the app. It stopped being more convenient than other apps or a notebook. Fix the editing and I will be back on board.