Download Stop Announcer: Perth apk 1.1.1 free for Android smartphone
Apk file size: 1.6 MB
Stop Announcer (Perth) is designed to provide users with announcements when arriving at stops on the TransPerth network within Western Australia. Designed with the visually impaired in mind, Stop Announcer is also very useful for anyone who likes to read, sleep or tune-out while on a bus or train in Perth, or has a habit of missing their stop / station.
Destinations can be found either by entering the stop number (written on all TransPerth stops), or by searching for nearby stops and routes. Commonly used routes can be saved for quick future access.
A detailed description is provided for visually impaired users below:
The Action Bar will provide access to the app's preferences and about page. When the app is Announcing, the user will also be able to access the "Save" button to save the current journey to a list for easy recall later.
The choices available from top to bottom: Enter your destination's corresponding stop number, Find a nearby stop, Find a nearby route, or load a saved journey.
Gives you a numeric keypad where you can enter the number written on the side of your destination's stop. Alternatively the large "Speak" button activates your device's speech recognition system, enabling to you enter the stop number verbally. Once the stop is confirmed, you will be asked to select from a list of routes; once a route is selected Stop Announcer will start announcing.
Causes Stop Announcer to list all stops within 500m of your location, and the routes that stop there. Long clicking a stop provides you an opportunity to use Google Navigation to navigate your way to that stop. Click on a stop, then select a route and a destination stop, and Stop Announcer will start announcing.
Causes Stop Announcer to search for all routes that stop within 500m of your current location. These routes will be listed; once a route and a stop on that route are selected, Stop Announcer will start announcing.
The announcing screen contains details on your route and destination such as stop number, name, and distance from the stop. Below this is a list of all the stops on your route. As you pass a stop, the list will position itself so that the current stop is at the top of the list. Updates will be provided at regular intervals (depending on your preferences settings); manual updates are available by pressing the "Speak" button located at the bottom of the screen.
When you reach your stop, the app will alert you to get off the vehicle. If you do not then turn off announcements and then move a significant distance away from your destination you will be provided with missed stop alerts.
The options available from the settings menu are:
* Fullscreen (checkbox): Stop Announcer will hide the status bar
* Verbose Announcements (checkbox): Stop Announcer will provide the name of the stop you are passing, and how many stops are remaining to your destination.
* Periodic Announcements (checkbox): Stop Announcer will provide periodic announcements all the time, not just as you pass a stop. This will include information on your current street, stop closest to your current location, as well as number of stops until your destination.
* Announcements Only On Vehicle (checkbox): Stop Announcer will only start announcements once it has inferred you are on a vehicle - currently this is triggered by your speed exceeding 18kph.
* Alight Warning Time: Based on your estimated average speed and distance to your destination, this controls the number of seconds before your destination that Stop Announcer will start to warn you your destination is approaching.
* Alight Warning interval: This is the number of seconds in between warnings that your destination is approaching.
Google Navigation is a trademark of Google Inc.
1.1.1: When specifying a destination stop on a route, the stop list will scroll to your approximate location, reducing the amount of scrolling the user needs to do, particularly on a long route.
picoSpace PTY LTD part of our Transportation and have average installs from 50 to 100. Last Update March 21, 2014. Google play rating is 82.6582. Current verison is 1.1.1. Actual size 1.6 MB.