Download SkyDemon apk 3.6.4 free for Android smartphone
Apk file size: 32.0 MB
SkyDemon is one of Europe's most popular solutions for VFR flight planning and in-flight navigation.
Use this app to access your SkyDemon subscription on your Android device, unlocking SkyDemon's powerful features while on the move.
FLIGHT PLANNING FEATURES
- SkyDemon vector charts are the clearest aeronautical charts you'll ever use, with dynamic airspace clipping and choice of map layers
- Route planning is as simple as touching consecutive waypoints and dragging to make changes
- Virtual Radar shows how your route relates to airspace, terrain, obstructions and other features
- Pilot Log facility calculates headings and groundspeeds from actual wind data, and shows useful frequencies
- Plates and other documents for relevant airfields are displayed automatically as you plan, and many are available georeferenced for use in flight
- Intuitive pan, pinch and rotate support with no loss of map clarity or text legibility
- File a VFR flightplan for your route directly to air traffic controllers
- Automatic TAF, METAR and SIGMET briefing as you plan a route, with graphical decoding
- Rainfall data can be overlaid on the main map, with animation, showing the trend of rainfall over time
- Integration of GAFOR route forecasts for Switzerland, Austria, Slovenia and Croatia
- Both narrow-route and area NOTAM briefings available, updated as you plan
- Advanced NOTAM graphical interpretation and depiction on the main map
- Easily print your PLOG and the output from various briefings
- Warnings for airspace and other potential hazards to your flight, updated in real time
- Airfield Admin Information shows useful contacts and other details for airfields featured in our charts
- Forecast winds aloft are automatically retrieved for the flight time and displayed on the map
- Create an advanced flight performance profile for each aircraft you use
- ATS Routes mode offers an alternative chart presentation for flight along airways
- Accurate fuel, weight and balance calculations including flight costings
- Create an unlimited number of user-defined waypoints
- Analyse your track logs for posterity
- Choose between six different vector chart styles
- Extensive European chart coverage as standard
GPS NAVIGATION FEATURES
- Intelligent warnings for approaching airspace, NOTAM, obstacles, terrain and other hazards
- Virtual Radar shows a side-on projection of all approaching features and how your trajectory relates to them
- Vector map automatically follows the aircraft in north up, track up or course up orientation
- Clear and concise instruments show you flight statistics and help keep you on track
- An HSI/ILS instrument helps you keep to your planned route and line up early for approach
- Live Pilot Log shows progress through your route, ETAs, ATAs and useful frequencies based on your current position
- TerrainSafe dynamically colours mountainous terrain around you to quickly identify safer areas
- Direct To allows easy re-routing in a hurry by picking from a selection of nearby airfields
- Approach Information shows runway diagrams, TAF, METAR, NOTAM and other airfield details useful for making an approach
- Live updates of TAF and METAR while in flight, with associated alerts*
- Extended runway centrelines appear automatically on the map as you near your destination airfield
- Permanent display of position relative to nearest well-known waypoint, for position reporting
- Easy changing of the planned route while in flight by touching and dragging
* Internet connection required for live weather update while in flight
- All printed output has been revamped and made consistent across all platforms
- Briefing Pack creation is now available on Android
- There is now a Share on Social Media button for track logs, letting you easily share a map of your flight with your friends
- A glideslope is now displayed in virtual radar when flying the extended centreline of a runway
- It is now possible to create a Debriefing Pack from a flight log, including maps, virtual radar and statistics, for posterity
Divelements Limited part of our Transportation and have average installs from 50000 to 100000. Last Update Sept. 15, 2016. Google play rating is 92.2543. Current verison is 3.6.4. Actual size 32.0 MB.
Just work Fully featured but not bloated.
Outstanding app All you need to make your vfr flight like a walk in a park, highly recommend and a good investment. The only thing missing is the airspace altitude. Over all is great.
Good In Romania I have a problem because the names of the some towns are using the Romanian letters, but in search the program is not recognizing either one of them.
Great functionality but unstable Great functionality but the app spontaneously closes on the nexus 4 and 7 on android 5. Often this is when starting navigation but can happen at any time
Smooth and gorgeous, except... Works amazingly on the Nexus 9 and Xperia Z3 Tablet. Minor gripe which detracts from the experience in the home and search buttons look low quality. Otherwise amazing.
Superb. In the air and on the airfield! I've used SkyDemon since it was just a twinkle in Tim Dawson's eye! Faultless in the air and with geo referenced plates, also on the ground! Well done SD team.
Sky Demon Best GA flight planning and nav tool there is. Use it on my PC, Andriod phone and ipad. It must be good, I keep buying the subscription!
Skydemon I have used this app in UK, Europe and North America and has never let me down.
Great app as others have said better than glass cockpit so easy to use on the ground and in flight simply the best
Best GA Safety Device I have used SD since 2012 and with 40 years of aviation experience I can say this is the single biggest contributor to GA safety. So simple to plan and with Pooley plate subscription, Flight Plans and GAR it is complete planning. It's my back up on my Samsung Note 2 and wish my EFIS had SDs mapping quality. With live weather, NOTAMs and now the live PLOG what more do you really need?
Superb After as Gasco flight safety meeting I decided to invest in skydemon. You should too
So good it should be industry standard. I fly professionally, both in and out of controlled airspace all the time and under IFR and VFR. Put very simply, this is the best moving map that I've ever used. But it's features don't just stop there- NOTAMs, weather, flight planning etc; these are just the icing on the cake. I'm normally a total tight wad, but this has been one purchase that I'm very glad I've made.
Simply the best Does exactly what it is made for.
care with device it,s great but i traded my ASUS 371 for the new model and it will not run this app, so if you by a android for this avoid Asus phone pad 7 me372,.but on i pad t, really good, shame im not a apple fanwould give it 5 but i can,t run it.
Great The best single tool for VFR flight planning and then in-flight navigation.
The best app ever
Quite fantastic and getting better , love "terrain safe"
Issues with Lollipop Seems to crash regularly on lollipop particularly when descending for destination. Experienced both on Nexus 4 and 7
Brilliant Intuitive. Easy to use . Puts the likes of garmin to shame at a fraction of the cost
Perfect! Perfect flying / planning for Android! Does a (way) better job than the onboard "glass cockpit" for safe / pleasant VFR flying. And gets better and better as versions pass!
Not working on new Nexus 9 For now the app will install but won't open. Gets as far as the initial blue loading screen than crashes out with no toast/FC. Love it otherwise on my N7 and HTC One M7
SkyDemon The best aviation navigation software on the market
Fantastic. Everything you need to plan and navigate. Perfect on a Nexus 7
Great app Very good app have a subscription and love it
Superb for safe flight Never rely on GPS for primary navigation but as an aid to safe flight Sky Demon is superb. Giving you clear information on the airspace such as controlled airspace, frequencies, airfield information etc it is a super aid. I have run SD on my Note 3 and now my Galaxy Tab 3 8" and it runs lag free. I use my phone data for weather updates. There are too many features to comment on but well worth giving it a go with the 30 day trial then sign up.
it does not show airspaces (FIR, MATZ, ATZ, Prohibited/Restricted, Classes of Airspaces), Notams, Weather, Airfiled information even though you have a strong internet connection. only thing that works is geographical features like roads and trees. It works just fine on IOS though...edit: issue was caused by language settings of my phone. changed language to English, works like charm
Just the best planning tool ever! How did we exist before Skydemon?
The best navigation tool I've ever seen The days of getting lost while trying to fly an aeroplane are over since Sky Demon came along. I've used it many times in the last few years and I can say with absolute certainty that not only is it indispensable it is a huge boost to safety as it allows a pilot to spend more time looking out of the window instead of head buried in an aviation chart.
Very very good Impressive. Others give 5* reviews too lightly. ☺
Fantastic Used it for real for the first time, really neat tool. Thoroughly recommend
Really good tool finally for android. In combination with the PC program and cloud sync it's a really nice way to plan VFR flights. I tried flying with navigation mode on my galaxy s4 and Nexus 7, and it worked great. It claims to work with X Plane 10, but I have never got that to work.
Amazing app .. just gets better
The very best. I use this for flying in both the real world on both Android and iPad devices including hooked up to FSX as a wifi GPS data source.
Fly by wire Very intuitive works very well on my Google Nexus 7.2. Have used for close to a year without trouble.
Error : NameResolutionError I can't login with my trial account. It's said " Error : NameResolutionError"
Very good for flying
Excellent. Im a paraglider pilot and this app is just what u need. Give the 30 day trial a go.
Fantastic App I use it all the time for flying. I run it on a nexus7. Works brilliantly.
Excellent I have been using skydemon on a galaxy note 10.1, it really is a great app for planning and monitoring in flight. Now on nexus 7, yoke mounted, even better. Very highly recommended.
Great and always up to date
Have used it before and it is a superb piece of kit
Great new update Love the airfield charts now, with windsocks and taxi ways, ideal!
Great Exactly what I need to fly a P28A and a AAT3.
That's it "Divelements"!!!! Show those Apple suck ups that you can make a reliable Aviation Nav App on Android... Im glad I didnt give in to buying an Apple... this app is the BOMB
Good In Romania I have a problem because the names of towns are using the Romanian letters, but in search the program is not recognizing either one of them.
Terrific Use it while flying and simming. Got my phone set up to dim the screen while night flying (built in light sensor). I use automagic, might be cool to have a couple of tasker hooks for some things.
SKYDEMON Simply the best! Better than all the rest!
Superb One of the best applications I have ever used and it continues to evolve beating off the competition by miles.
Would not like to fly without this now. Keeps getting better and very good customer service.
Excellent app This is a great app that just does what it should.
Excellent This is a first class, well designed app. It is extremely easy to use (in flight and while planning) and is visually much clearer, and far more intuitive than any "installed" piece of avionics that you'd pay a fortune for. I use it on my Windows laptop, and Android tablet & phone - it works perfectly. It saves much time during planning, and reduces the navigation workload in flight.
If you're improving the UI... Seen what the new update will look like, and it's fantastic, although, on the Android platform some things to make it look even better: A drawer on the planning screen to house what currently sits in the top status bar. HQ Search, Home and Settings icons. Maybe have the Skydemon logo on the bottom right, and flat/material design like Inbox or Hangouts to launch the menu more like inbuilt Lollipop apps do. Just make it look more like it was designed for Android, because iOS and Android are two different systems and apps shouldn't look the same on both platforms, because both work and respond differently.
Fantastic app Superb app, well worth the money and regularly improved.
Brilliant Designed with the pilot in mind.
The best got better Well programed great tool worth every penny
Zamzam Awesome app.
No Ilevil GPS Compatibility Can you please include Ilevil AHRS or ADSB or at least GPS compatibility? I just spent $1300 on an Ilevil 2 SW and I would like to continue using SkyDemon. Right now I am forced to switch to other navigation software. It should be very easy to implement (similar to Dynon SkyView, over WIFI) and will consolidate your users base which are now forced to switch.
Sky Demon The best thing out there for GA flyers. Use it in my PA28. Only critisism is that its so good, can make you lazy with your planning and prep...use it as a back up to traditional methods and its excellent; if your screen goes blank, you still need to have 'situational awarrness' !! Briiliant tool. 10/10.
Great product Tried the 30day free trial on recommendations from friends and love it. Bought the full product and use it always when flying
Brilliant Fantastic, all the info you will ever need at your fingertips, in flight or on the ground.
Skydemon is excellent but they keep on making it better!
Phil This is a fantastic system for air navigation. The applications on SkyDemon are first rate and I highly recommend this to all pilots.
Excellent app The best continues to get even better. This system has transformed mine and my friends flying.
Essential Wouldn't leave the ground without it.
Very functional and easy to use. Best navigation app. Needs to increase the geographic area covered.
East to use. Useful features. The user guide is awsome.
for vfr flying just forget about the rest skydemon is all you need. very happy customer.
Inferior Does the job, however it doesn't compare to Runway Hd, They just need to hurry up and release the android version.
Happy Flyer Works very well in the Swiss mountains. Perhaps the free AIP in New Zealand could be integrated?
Have now planned and flown many trips across the UK and France using this as nav backup. Fantastic! Probably the best bit of software I've ever seen. All the information you need, when you need it and so logical.
Good, but... Would be perfection if the 'touch ruler' that allows you to see your aircraft's distance to a particular spot plus the time, fuel and heading required to get there. The feature is available on Apple devices, so why not this one!?
Access Denied Error When trying to view plates on my Moto X reports an Access Denied error. Android 6 problem?
Very very good Impressive. Others give 5* reviews too lightly. ☺ Not me
Invaluable Wow. Love the new briefing and debriefing option. Fab. Essential piece of kit when flying.
How navigation should be Paper is for trees
Generally good, but UI is a tad flaky in some areas This may be related only to the Google Pixel C device (I'm not sure), but pinch to zoom functionality is rather slow and jumps depending on how one's fingers stop making contact after zooming. I would be more than happy to submit reports using a more formal feature/bug reporting tool, and very happy to help identify any issues with this device specifically. Other than the odd UI quirk, it's a fantastic tool.
Downloaded it again and its unusable Used skydemon all last year to navigate about the uk and Ireland and it was wonderful. Downloaded it again and it is so slow and frustratingly scatty it is unusable. I am still using the same Samsung Galaxy Note 4 like last time. I don't understand.
V Quick, simple & reliable. NOTAM, AIP and weather integration good. Google Maps useful for rotary ops. Highly recommend SD. Needs a 'delay/hold (time + fuel) at a WP to assist planning GH sorties.
Excellent app, but SLOW Perfect and well thought out app. It has really everything you need for navigation, BUT the interface has become really slow. Pinch and zooming and menu pop-ups are agonisingly sluggish, even on a nexus 6.
Latest version is too slow I've been using this tool for 3 years now and loved it. The latest version is so slow it has become useless
Very Useful App Time saving and keeps you right
Great app, must be the best on the market
I think the best, easy, reliable planner and nav for pilots. N.1 in the market
Brilliant, just keeps getting better The best aviation app by far, I've flown around the UK, France and Germany using Skydemon and it never let's you down. Great product