Download SigTrax apk 1.5.4 free for Android smartphone
Apk file size: 2.4 MB
Signal Tracking Made Easy
SigTrax combines the technique of triangular location with the power, services and visual capability of Android devices to significantly reduce the time and effort required to locate the origin of a RF signal.
Using SigTrax, manually handling maps, plotting intersection points and determining the route to reach an intersection point is eliminated.
Whether it is an ham radio (amateur radio) fox hunt, searching for signal interference (RFI), seeking out an unlicensed (pirate) radio signal, tracking near-space balloon flights, finding a transponder, tagged wild life tracking, finding lost quadcopters or a search and rescue mission, SigTrax simplifies the search process resulting in more accurate, convenient and faster searches.
Check our web site to discover the SigTrax difference.
- Uses mapping, GPS and a compass to create bearings to a target object.
- Bearings can be manually entered using coordinates and compass heading.
- Coordinates can be entered in Latitude/Longitude, UTM or MGRS formats.
- Automatically creates Crosspoints where bearing intersect.
- Crosspoint locations can be viewed on the map.
- A guide map from the current device location to a Crosspoint is displayable with optional written directions.
- The current map with all bearing can be archived for later recall or to assist tracking multiple targets.
- The archived map can be recalled and combined with or replace the current map.
- Archived solutions are listed by optional name, day and time and indicate the number of discovered Crosspoints.
- Settings feature allows for individual customization.
- Complete user guide included
The screen shots show how simple it is to obtain a location fix using SigTrax.
Requires Android device with GPS and internet access to obtain map images.
The rotating compass heading feature can only be used with devices that contain a magnetic field sensor. Some devices eliminate this sensor. SigTrax will work on these devices but the compass heading option is disabled.
- Adds new Google permissions
- Minor bug fixes
- Let us know how you use SigTrax. Your email address will not be spammed, sold or mis-used and we thank you.
Amcept, LLC part of our Tools and have average installs from 500 to 1000. Last Update Sept. 26, 2016. Google play rating is 86.6667. Current verison is 1.5.4. Actual size 2.4 MB.
Simple, Great. Simply works well. It's likely to become popular with field biologists radio tracking animals. Very responsive developer.
We just won the fox hunt! We just used this app for the transmitter hunt and won! The vectors were great! Everyone was impressed how our tool could show our vectors plotted on a live map. It would be nice to have a breadcrumb trail too with total mileage since the winner of our hunt is determined by distance only. Although we started in manual pointing mode we hope to use the compass mode next time.
There are not many apps of this nature around, and I find this one a little hard to use. The bearing set overlay randomly appears and disappears. I cant just open the keyboard in number mode and enter a bearing. If I choose to manually add, I have to enter location instead of selecting a current Gps option. And when in an odd location without internet access, lack of offline maps makes this a little useless. In short: great app, needs a little more work. The option for OSM maps would be enough for offline.
So much potential. The gps rotation feature works ok in wide open spaces but not in the city. Unfrotunately, the manual rotater is not fine grain enough to make for small adjustments in the bearing line overkay. Additionally, maps are not available offline...so the app is useless if there is no data signal.