Download Sepsis Clinical Guide apk 3.1 free for Android smartphone
Apk file size: 18.0 MB
Updated with the 2016 Sepsis-3 definitions issued by the SCCM/ESICM, the new quick-SOFA score for rapid sepsis assessment, the 2015 Surviving Sepsis Campaign sepsis support bundle revisions, and important findings of the key ARISE, ProCESS and ProMISe trials.
Sepsis is a serious systemic infection that can quickly lead to circulatory shock, organ failure and death if inappropriately treated. It is also a serious problem in hospitals throughout the US and the world. In 2013, over 1 million people were admitted to US hospitals for sepsis (#1 cause of index admissions!) at a total aggregate cost to the US healthcare system of $20.3 billion dollars (#1 most expensive condition), according to an AHRQ report. Over 200,000 people die of sepsis in the US every year, more than from prostate cancer, breast cancer and AIDS combined. Despite its large toll on public health, public awareness of this condition is poor and the quality of treatment is highly variable often due to late recognition and treatment.
In sepsis, time is of the essence. Successful treatment hinges on prompt recognition of symptoms, correct antibiotic administration, and hemodynamic stabilization. Lack of appropriate sepsis management knowledge at the bedside leads to delayed symptom recognition, serious complications, medical errors, increased treatment costs, and avoidable morbidity and mortality. For this reason, we created this app to provide busy health professionals with essential management information based on the latest practice guidelines in a format that is easily accessible at the point of care.
The Sepsis app has been developed on the ESCAVO mobile publishing platform created specifically for mobile publishing of scientific content. The platform features an intuitive user interface, search, annotation and bookmarking functions, and calculator support. All content is extensively referenced and footnoted where appropriate. Content updates are performed periodically and are free of charge.
Clinical topics covered in the Sepsis app include:
- The latest definitions, diagnostic criteria, and management guidelines including Sepsis-3 and 2015 Surviving Sepsis Campaign (SSC) guidelines
- Epidemiology, risk factors and pathophysiology of sepsis and septic shock
- Common differentials and etiology, guidelines on performing appropriate H&P and workups
- Management of common causes including hospital-acquired pneumonia (HAP), ventilator-acquired pneumonia (VAP) and intra-abdominal infections
- Sepsis management bundles, early goal-directed therapy, hemodynamic management, adjunctive therapies, mechanical ventilation of sepsis-induced ARDS, and other essential management guidelines from the SSC and the American Thoracic Society (ATS)
- Antibiotic therapy including specific guidelines for the treatment of HAP from ATS and the Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA)
- Information on the diagnosis and management of pediatric and neonatal sepsis including the management of pediatric fever, important differences from management of sepsis in adults, management of sepsis-induced persistent pulmonary hypertension of the newborn (PPHN), empiric antibiotic treatment recommendations for GBS infections, interventions in pediatric septic shock, and other pediatric-specific information
- Important calculators including the Sequential Organ Failure Assessment (SOFA), quick-SOFA, APACHE II, Multiple Organ Dysfunction Score (MODS), the Simplified Acute Physiology Score (SAPS) II, the Clinical Pulmonary Infection (CPI) score, the Inferior Vena Cava Collapsibility Index, and others
- Drug administration information for the management of sepsis including antibacterial and antifungal antibiotics, adrenergic and other vasoactive agents, corticosteroids and diuretics
- Top US doctors on HealthTap
- The Russian Sepsis Forum (sepsisforum.ru)
- The ED Trauma Critical Care Blog (edtcc.com)
- Major improvements to UI and content design
- Added ad support to continue keeping the app free
- Bug fixes and optimizations for Android 4.x/5.x
- Major code rewrite, SDK upgrade, Android v. 4.x optimizations
- UI redesign for cleaner look
- Wider text viewing area
- Simpler bookmark/note/news item editing - swipe left to delete items
- One touch bookmarking/unmarking
- Access PubMed abstracts directly from references
- Bug fixes
Escavo Inc. part of our Medical and have average installs from 50000 to 100000. Last Update May 6, 2015. Google play rating is 86.7704. Current verison is 3.1. Actual size 18.0 MB.
Can be improved Would be much more informative if antibiotics dosing includes renal adjustment dosages
Doesn't do anything but take up memory.
Good 4 the medical students n practitioners
Good to use as a quick reference and easy to navigate!
Gud Wonderful app. ThAnks
Updating content error Pl rectify the bug soon
Great sepsis guide! Handy, practical, thorough guide. Medical students, residents, hospitalists and intensivists will all find this guide useful for taking care of the septic patient!
Very useful app for the ER! This is a great app on sepsis and I was really surprised to see how much information it actually has for only 3 bucks! All the sepsis guidelines, calculators, an antibiotic guide... really very impressive! I am an ER doctor so sepsis is something I see all the time and this will be helpful. It's not often I write reviews, but this app is just great so I thought I'd recommend it.
Not working Not working properly. Need fix it.
Amazing app, easy to use and current scientific content !! Wonderful work done by the team. Looking forward to more such apps!!
Sepsis SIRS, Sepsis, pseudosepsis, sepsis bundles, pathophysiology and more. Updated research provided. Excellent resource
SEPSIS-The gateway to DEATH.The android App SEPSIS-The excellent guide to fight against Sepsis.
Excellent App The current improvements have made this app even better. I give it 5 stars without hesitation. Bravo
helpfull excellent knowledge!
Great help! Maybe asking us to rate at iTunes with our android phones might be a bit misleading though! ;)
Medical student It is so great application.
This app That is better then
Excellent refresher app Great to update your sepsis knowledge
Relevant, current resource To my understanding hospital and care staff should be up to date with the pathophysiology, stages, & signs and symptoms of sepsis and septic shock, but the app makes for a great resource to medical/healthcare sciences students, volunteers, and others seeking quick info.