Download SecureLock apk 1.0.8 free for Android smartphone
Apk file size: 1.9 MB
SecureLock is a lockscreen for Android which improves the security of your cell phone. Watch this video tutorial for usage information: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHzSe7IbsuU
Why is authentication on smartphones essential? An attacker can
- send E-mails and sms on your behalf
- read private data like the calendar, E-mails, sms, recent calls, look at taken pictures
- make calls or send sms with costs
- install malicious apps
SecureLock supports 4 authentication methods:
- NFC-Tag (if your device supports NFC)
GesturePuzzle uses graphical passwords. Each password consists of a set of pictures and a gesture. For authentication you have to look in a specified area for the pictures of your passwords. When you have found the pictures of one of your passwords, draw the gesture of this password for authenticating. Caution: Don’t use a single vertical stroke as gesture – Android is not able to detect this as gesture (because it thinks you want to scroll)!
The NFC-Tag authentication is only available when you have a device with NFC hardware and NFC is on. Register an NFC-Tag which you want to use for authentication.
Please test each method before using it in real authentication and set a secure password as PUK which can be used when you have forgotten your authentication credentials!
How to use SecureLock:
- Install App
- Set an unsecure Android screen lock (e.g. Slide or None)
- Configure and activate at least 1 authentication method
- Press the home-key
- In the appearing dialog set SecureLock as default home-screen
- After disabling the screen lock, you have to authenticate
- Max. number of authentication attempts
- Lock time (time to wait when number of tries exceeded)
- Send SMS when number of tries exceeded
- Valid time (once authenticated, you don’t have to reauthenticate within this time)
- Emergency contacts (contacts which can be called without authentication e.g. emergency numbers or your wife)
- Attacker picture (take picture of attacker who wants to authenticate – only if front-camera is available)
- PUK (specify a PUK which can be used when you have forgotten your authentication credentials)
- android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Attacker pictures are stored on the external storage.
- android.permission.NFC: For NFC-Tag authentication method.
- android.permission.CAMERA: For taking attacker pictures.
- android.permission.CALL_PHONE: For emergency contacts.
- android.permission.CALL_PRIVILEGED: To call „real“ emergency numbers too (e.g. 911 or 112)
- android.permission.SEND_SMS: For sending an SMS when number of authentication tries exceeds.
- android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: To ensure that you have to authenticate after rebooting your device.
- android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE: Allows you to answer the phone without authentication.
- android.permission.GET_TASKS: To ensure that no other Apps can be in foreground without authentication.
rschloegl part of our Tools and have average installs from 1000 to 5000. Last Update Sept. 28, 2012. Google play rating is 38.4615. Current verison is 1.0.8. Actual size 1.9 MB.
Best one so far. Needs forgot option This is the best NFC unlock I've tried so far, but I could not find a "lost my NFC tag" option. If I lost my tag I would be locked out. Could you please add this feature. Using a pin code for example. Thanks! :)
Doesn't work Keeps not unlocking intermittently with saved nfc tag, lucky it's not secure and I could get back in control of phone by simple reboot then uninstall app.
NFCSecure beats this hands down This app was a joke. Locked my device, thankfully I'm rooted and could remove it. NFCSecure does it so much better.
Lovelylady It suck