Download RenameIt apk Alpha free for Android smartphone
Apk file size: 285.0 KB
Let's face it, we all get our music from a lot of different places on the internet. Whether it is YouTube, Torrents or something else, most of the time the file is a bit messed up. There is no proper artist or song title listed, so your phone or mp3 player doesn't know how to put things in a list and you'll end up with a big pile of "Unkown Artist". We don't want that now do we?
Here's the solution. RenameIt is a simple app written by a starting developer that takes the filename and converts it so that your song is properly tagged. How does it work? It is pretty simple.
Very often you have a file that says: "Artist - Title" (or the other way around). RenameIt reads that title and inserts 'artist' as the artists tag and 'song' as the song title. Just point RenameIt to the folder containing your unsorted music and let it do it's magic. Other features include:
- Custom Genre: Check this box when you want to give all your files (or a selection) a genre. After you select this box a choice screen will popup.
- Custom Album: Check this box when you want to give all your files (or a selection) an album. After you select this box, you will be able to type in any album name you want.
- Inverse Mode: By default the app works “Artist – Title” check this box if you named your files “Title – Artist”.
- Force All Files: By default RenameIt skips files which already have an artist and title tag. Check this box if you want to delete ALL the tags and generate new ones based on the filename (and selected options).
- Underlying Folders: Check this box if you want to include .mp3’s in folders ind the selected folder.
- Selection: Check this box if you only want to name a selection of .mp3’s in the selected folder.
- The app (currently) only works with .mp3’s so other media formats are not supported and will be ignored.
- If the input folder and output folder are the same, the original file will be overwritten.
If different folders are selected it will make a copy with filled in tags.
- Spaces at the start or end of the artist and title name will be trimmed. And artist and title name will be capitalized automatically (first letter of each word).
- When the abort button is pressed in the progress screen, the app will finish the current song and then stop.
- Only folders will be shown in the folder selection. (If you want this to be changed, let me know.)
- There are no add’s on this version, this might change or this might not change.
- Be wary of the results, if file is named: “Artist[keepvid.com] – Title.mp3”, your artist name will be “Artist[keepvid.com]”. However I could make an option which will delete anything between  or (). The app currently does not do this because of files like these: “Artist (ft. Artist2) – Title.mp3”.
And last but not least, if you have things you would like to see in RenameIt, please let me know ;).
Shadowblink part of our Music & Audio and have average installs from 1000 to 5000. Last Update May 4, 2014. Google play rating is 77.3913. Current verison is Alpha. Actual size 285.0 KB.