Download Pilot's Companion - Basic apk v1.1 free for Android smartphone
Apk file size: 2.4 MB
This application was inspired by the information and situations I faced during my education as a commercial pilot. I hope you can find it as useful as I wish I had it back then.
Some general and theoretical aviation knowledge is required, which I hope will encourage you to keep learning.
One of the purposes of this app is to make some tedious work as automated as possible, so please drop me a line if you miss any features.
- Lear how to visualize the Holding pattern in your HSI and tell immediately what kind of entry applies
- Learn how to quickly calculate the wind components in your HSI
- Learn how to calculate a heading to a point defined by a VOR (point-to-point navigation) in your HSI
- Get latest METAR/TAF and NOTAMS using ICAO codes
- Calculate time and distance to the PSR (point of safe return)
- Calculate the aerodrome pressure altitude, ISA deviation and environmental lapse rate by entering the QNH, temperature and aerodrome elevation
- Use millibars, inches of mercury, degrees centigrade or Fahrenheit (aerodrome pressure altitude)
- This app less than 40 kb after move to SD card
- Adobe AIR less than 400 kb after move to SD card
Note: This application requires the free “Adobe Air” application which can be downloaded from the market. A link will be provided after installation.
- Added font size setting to improve readability across devices
Andrés Norman part of our Tools and have average installs from 10000 to 50000. Last Update Aug. 12, 2012. Google play rating is 80.0. Current verison is v1.1. Actual size 2.4 MB.
So far pretty gud Luks and works neatly
Pressure altitude problem The pressure altitude changes when you change the temp. That is incorrect as DENSITY altitude is affected by temp and pressure altitude is only affected by the deviation between ISA pressure (1013.25) and QNH.