Download Panorama FOV calculation apk free for Android smartphone
Apk file size: 0 bytes
Calculate number of rectilinear photos required for stitching into a panorama.
I used to refer to a printed table for FOV (field of view) information when I shoot panoramas, but I think it is more convenient to use a smart phone so I spent a bit of time to create this app.
How to use,
1. Enter the sensor width and height of your camera. There are 2 presets (Canon APS-C and full frame) at the moment. More will be added upon requests.
2. Enter the focal length of the lens (the real focal length, not the 135 equivalent)
3. Calculate various FOV values (horizontal, vertical, diagonal Field Of View. 135 equivalent focal length will be calculated using the diagonal FOV for reference.)
4. Enter the number of photos for the panorama FOV. The default is 360 degree spherical panorama. Use 8 photos as a start. Click calc button to find the overlapping percentage and the required camera rotation for each shot. You should keep the overlapping percentage above 30% - 50%.
5. Use the table at the bottom to set up camera pitch to take rows of photos for stitching into a complete photo sphere.
If someone wonders almost all smart phones can take panorama, why still use a camera to take multiple photos for stitching? The answer is simple, quality. Hope this helps.
Barry Chum part of our Photography and have average installs from 100 to 500. Last Update April 20, 2014. Google play rating is 40.0. Current verison is None. Actual size 0 bytes.