Download Nonfiction Collection (Audio) apk 1.0 free for Android smartphone
Apk file size: 37.0 MB
A collection of ten short non-fiction works in the public domain. The essays, speeches and reports included in this collection were independently selected by the readers, and the topics encompass history, politics, religion, science and humor.
Included in this collection are the “Oath of Hippocrates” and “The Funeral Oration of Pericles” along with Patrick Henry’s “The Call to Arms,” and Jack London’s eyewitness account of the aftermath of the San Francisco earthquake in 1906.
On the lighter side, we have Jerome K. Jerome’s “Should Women Be Beautiful,” a short address by Mark Twain to The Author’s Club in NYC, and the anonymous “Miseries,” a lighthearted lament on subjects such as the difficulties of eating a peach gracefully in public and finding a suitable length of twine when you need one.
In this collection you will also find “A Free Man’s Worship” by Bertram Russell, “Obstacle-Cause” from “Sophisms of the Protectionists” by Frédéric Bastiat, and an essay by T. H. Huxley on the science of palaeontology.
01. The Call to Arms by Patrick Henry
02. A Free Man’s Worship by Bertrand Russell
03. Funeral Oration of Pericles, from The History of the Peloponnesian War by Thucydides
04. Miseries Nos. 1-4 from Autumn Leaves, Anne Wales Abbot
05. The Oath and Law of Hippocrates by Hippocrates; Charles Eliot
06. Obstacle–Cause from Sophisms of the Protectionists by Frederic Bastiat
07. Our Children and Great Discoveries by Mark Twain
08. The Rise and Progress of Palaeontology by Thomas Henry Huxley
09. Should Women Be Beautiful – from Idle Ideas in 1905 by Jerome K. Jerome
10. The Story Of An Eyewitness by Jack London
Appieverse part of our Music & Audio and have average installs from 5 to 10. Last Update Oct. 11, 2011. Google play rating is 100.0. Current verison is 1.0. Actual size 37.0 MB.