Download Movie, Book & Media Scanner apk 1.21.3 free for Android smartphone
Apk file size: 3.1 MB
MBMS is a simple and easy to use mobile based movie and media collection database to manage your inventory of all your media like movies on DVD, Bluray, Bluray 3D or books and games. An app which notifies you when loaned items are overdue and provide customizable reminder notifications per eMail or SMS.
MBMS is for you when you:
- have no idea how many and which movies/tv shows/books/games you own
- have no clue where your loaned items are
- have not yet found an app which supports TV shows beside movies
- have so many different media types that you are glad that you can create your own categories
- search a tool which imports the additional data automatically only by scanning the barcode
MBMS is complete free without any ads or limitations!
If MBMS crashes on your device, don't hesitate to mail me a crash report: [email protected]
• Manage your inventory of your DVD, Bluray, Bluray 3D, HD DVD, CD, books, games (Xbox, Playstation 1 up to Playstation 4, PS Vita, PSP, all Nintendo platforms, PC Games) and others.
• Optimized for smartphones, 7" and 10" tablets.
• Automatic barcode import or manual registration of media with UPC/EAN code or even with a title if you don't have a barcode for your media item.
• Automatic search and download of title, cover image, movie info, tv show info, book info.
• Tabbed view per media type with count indicator
• You may photograph the cover image yourself.
• You can choose between media cover gallery or list view.
• Allocation of shelf, tags/labels and person/loaner
• Bulk allocations possible (long click on an item).
• Loaning function with highly configurable notification if a persons decide to not give back your media items in time. You can edit and configure your own email and SMS templates.
• CSV export and import
• Switch on and off the automatic download, or optionally only over WiFi.
• Integration of the IMDb app
• Automatic backup and restore if you change your android device (must be enabled in Android Settings itself)
• This app is optimized to be used in Switzerland, Germany, Austria and USA but can be used in other countries or regions as well.
You need to install the ZXing Barcode Scanner and IMDb app to use all features of MBMS. You will be directed to the according download page in the Google Play Store within the app if you call such a function and you haven't installed the desired app yet.
The automatically found titles and cover images are not property of mine. I am providing a common interface to automatically find and download that information, but I will not be able to add or update the content. The automatically found titles or cover images may therefore be wrong. The found item coverage for my 450 movies and several books is > 95%. Game coverage is about 50%. Cover images are sometimes at low-resultion and will not scale well on tablets.
This product uses the TMDb API but is not endorsed or certified by TMDb.
Where are the exported CSV files stored?
• Browse your filesystem with a file manager and go to /mbms/importexport/ on your sdcard.
Which permissions are used to do what?
• ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE, ACCESS_WIFI_STATE and INTERNET are used to download content from the internet. You can control in the settings if you want to download content only on WiFi or 3G and 4G too.
• READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE and WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE are used to save and read the images and CSV import and export files on the SD card.
• RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED is used to start the loan check background task after a boot or reboot of your android device if you have choosen in the settings to run this task. Note that the task is not running all the time and will only be started for a short time in the configured interval and then switch off imediately.
- Crash on startup of the app (since v1.21.2)
Mike Grossenbacher part of our Media & Video and have average installs from 10000 to 50000. Last Update Nov. 9, 2014. Google play rating is 74.0928. Current verison is 1.21.3. Actual size 3.1 MB.
MBMS App has good features but crashes on my SG3 phone. Bulk scan is effective, (Bluray) EAN shows in place of Title & usually needs an update for media type to bring in the image. Still no movie data updated on most scanned, hope these issues get resolved. Performed exports of data but have not tried an import to verify. Overall will continue to use.
Great, but uninstalled This is a very feature rich app, but because it's too slow I can't use it for my back log of inventory. I already had most of my collection in a spreadsheet, but am 5 years behind in updating it. This app isn't fast enough for me to catch up.
Good app but search don't work Downloaded the app thinking it would be a great way to keep track of my dvd collection but the search function doesn't work. All my searches come up blank. Deal breaker for me as i have a large collection. If you get this fixed for a Galaxy S5, let me know. The scan was slow also but could work with that.
Completely free, categorizes well, but slooowww This app is awesome and categorizes everything very well. However, that being said it is very, very slow adding media via barcode and I'm now at the point where I have to sit for a minute or two before doing anything else in hopes my movie will get added after scanning. I'm hoping this gets fixed because I'll definitely use this as my go to media manager, but due to how slow anything gets added I may have to pass until it is fixed.
Not recognize my movies At first it was picking up all movies I scanned. After about thirty movies it says product found after scan but then I get a number with ean on front and have to manually enter titles which is time consuming.
Perfect Does exactly exactly is suppose to do and works flawlessly Between all media types. A big thanks to the author for making this a free app.
A lot of issues! stopped working after i selected to auto update movie info. also will not let me turn on other categories like vhs, md, wii etc. Alot of options but the dont work. please fix and i will give it 5 stars!!!
Good Idea, but some problems The Basic idea of the app is clever. But cos some technical issues I can't give a 5 stars rating.After adding an item with EAN scan, the app stops unfortunately. And the media data information, especially cover pictures weren't added to every item neither automatically nor manually. By trying to add it manually, the app stops again...every time. HTC one
Useless, none of the barcode scanneres offered here works for either my galaxy s3 tablet or my Asus phonepad. Yours was the last one I tried, so you got the remark, but it goes for ALL barcode scanners! Useless if you can't get it to work. I don't have enough patience to scan one barcode for 3 hours!
Wow It's a great app when you have over 500 movies other app can't touch this app on this.
Please help I bought new phone I downloaded app but when I try to import data it just stops working loved the program on my old phone
Perfect Does exactly exactly is suppose to do and works flawlessly Between all media types. A big thanks to the author for making this a free app. ****update**** changed my rating from 5 to 3 as actor cross reference feature stopped working.
Not a bad app but not great either. Not sure how it works in regards to where it is accessing the data but it seems to work for a few new additions and then stops. Is it losing the EAN server somehow as it will return no data (ie titles, cover photos) when a new barcode is scanned?? Then when I manually ask it to renew, it can find the cover photo but the EAN number stays as is. Would be great to have a refresh feature to ask it to try again when the server comes back online. Also whether this same issue happens with books but 50% of my books are unable to be found which I find not very helpful. Better than others that have I tried so far though so will persevere.
It can't find file to import I got a new phone and copied the export file to where the app says it stores it. When I go to import, it doesn't fine the file. Frutrating. I spent a long time scanning my collection.
Not movable to SD Card. Occupies precious internal memory.
Had high hopes I read what others wrote about how slow this was but I had no idea. Seriously, I am a patient person with OCD to get my collection documented properly and I only got 2 movies in with the scanner before giving up. It doesn't even give you feedback that it's working to try to add it just nothing. So so slow.
Need Better Too much editing. Scanning blu-ray and puts it under category "other"
MBM S i loved it it is cool man
Love the app, but... Love the features of this app, but not sure about the export feature and how to import THAT to spreadsheet for instance. Also want to see the actor cross reference feature return.
Import...ant I like the look of this but can't find a way to import my dvd and booklist csv files. I am not going to rescan everything.
Used this a while ago but... Last time I used this app I had all my DVDs listed then the sw updated and my database was deleted...