Download Mobialia Chess apk 5.2 free for Android smartphone
Apk file size: 3.0 MB
The best app for chess lovers: Play against AI or online at FICS or ICC
Play against AI
- Selectable ELO Levels to adjust playing strength, from 500 to 2100, on 50 ELO points steps
- Selectable time per move: changing the ELO and the time per move, lots of difficulty levels can be selected
- Opening book with more than 30.000 positions: ensures variated funny games
- Can undo/redo all moves
- Send PGN by email: This way, you can analyze later your games on your PC
- Graphical setup board, also can edit position’s FEN notation
- On closing, saves the current game and it is loaded when the application is restarted
- Play on internet at freechess.org (FICS) or at chessclub.com (ICC)
- Play as guest or as a registered user
- Seek/offer match rated and unrated
- View seeks posted by other users. Can sort seek list by username, rating or game time
- Takeback, draw, abort, resign and rematch options while playing
- Play, Finger and Observe, can also observe LectureBot on FICS or play ProblemBot/TrainingBot on ICC
- Observe current played games in the chess server or follow highest rated games
- Messages: read and send messages to other users
- Game History: you can examine or send by email all your played games
- Console to see server output and to send commands, also for chatting with other users
- Timeseal (FICS) and Timestamp (ICC): avoids lag problems
- Premove option: You can introduce the next movement in your opponent’s turn
- Option to confirm the move before sending it to the server. Forward and Backward buttons are converted on Confirm/Cancel buttons
- Supports wild chess variants: Atomic, Losers, Suicide and Chess960
- 2900+ chess problems to solve looking for the best moves: problems collected by Uwe Auerswald, from Germany
- Selectable problem difficult (Easy, Medium and Hard Problems)
Simple PGN browser, allows you to open PGN files from SD card or from your email
And with the Best Interface
- 2D/3D board
- Clean, simple and intuitive interface (options appear after pressing the “MENU” key)
- Move by dragging and dropping the piece with useful guide lines
- Also move by tapping the origin and the destiny squares or with the trackball
- Portrait and Landscape mode
- Shows legal moves (as yellow traslucid squares)
- Highlights last move (with a yellow arrow or a coloured squarem, can be configured with a settings option), also move hints (as a green arrow) after a request in the menu
- Many piece sets and board styles
- Shows a dot in the side to move and can show board coordinates
- The material gauge indicates the material advantage using this piece values: Pawn=1 Knight=3 Bishop=3 Rook=5 Queen=9. Click on the gauge to show/hide the captured pieces difference
- Shows captured pieces advantage for each one of the sides (as an example if black captured 3 pawns and whites 2, it shows an advantage of 1 white pawn for blacks)
- Speaks moves, checks and game results
- Different sounds for moves, captures and checks, also vibration
- Option to keep the screen on while playing
You can try the Free version with ads first
- New analysis mode when playing offline or observing/examining games, it can be selected with Menu->analysis
- This new analysis mode also shows openings names and ECO codes
- Includes the last Carballo Chess Engine v1.5 with a great strength increase
- Added better UI feedback for some server messages
- Fix bug speaking first move in online games
- Fix reading some PGN files in UTF8
- Fix connection to server for users with the var ptime set to 1
- Removed unnecessary permissions from the APK
mobialia.com part of our Puzzle and have average installs from 10000 to 50000. Last Update May 30, 2016. Google play rating is 90.5566. Current verison is 5.2. Actual size 3.0 MB.
Chessnut Great app. Not the best at any one single aspect, but certainly the best complete package as a whole. Great work.
Love it. It would be even better if... 1) if I could see the whole board while computer thinks when I ask for hints... now the text is over 80% of the board. 2) Also it would be good if I could see which problems I've soved and which I've failed. Maybe a checkbox I could check myself, because some of the problems are based on mistakes done by the opponent. Thanks! 3) And also a button to change who is at the move when you play against the computer would be nice.
EXCELLENT !! If you enjoy 3D chess and playing online, this is the best app for your device!! No laggs no bs no adds just play with stunning 3D layout or simple 2D This is the only best paid app you will ever need!
FICS functions not cosistent. The PGN function is practically useless. Why include it?
Lightning games work perfectly
Good but could be better It would be nice if the app could send notifications of a game in progress so you would know when it is your turn again on long running games.
Best sparring partner This is the most human-like computer opponent. As a chess coach, I recommended this app to all my students. At it's top level, it plays exactly, really, exactly like a human strong candidate master, maybe even master. Much more human than setting a top engine on, lets say, a 2200 level, which would still feel you are up against a machine. Great job by the developer, well done and keep it up!
Downloaded, Play Store shows so... ...where is it? I auto-create desktop icons - it's not there. Checked app list - it's not there. I CAN open it (or uninstall...as with all) via app info on Play Store. Strange. // Nexus 10; Android 5.0. // The 3 stars is because I'm pretty certain it would get more if I could find it...!
Pretty good Nicely done. I do wish it went down to elo 100 (random moves) so my kid could win some games. When the app beats him in 5 moves at elo 500 it is pretty disheartening. He likes the iOS chess game we have better.
Losing the fun I don't know if it's the app, or if people are manipulating the server stamps, or what. But I keep getting deep into games only to find, after waiting out my opponent's time, that the connection was severed at some point, without warning or indication. What makes it worse is that some immature opponents like to let their time run on when they know they can't win. Not knowing which situation I'm in is annoying and this app is getting less and less enjoyable for me as a result. Good app, otherwise.
Best for on-line play, but needs improvements After testing several apps for on-line play, this one is clearly one of the best. It also has two VERY INFURIATING non-features one must consider before buying : - when losing connection momentarily , even if the connection is lost for 1 second you get disconnected from the server in the middle of a game. (why not try to reconnect a few times?!) - you can't recall and edit a command in the console window
Lack of features It should be able to make a searchable historic from the played games in order we could analyse the played games from the app the with a built engine like the free open source stockfish.
Needs a lot of work Disconnects without notification...just lets you sit there waiting for something to happen.
Feature suggestion / request Guys, any chance you can implement an option to add a vibration / notification / come in foreground option when a game offer is accepted by someone and the board shows up? Right now i'm forced to keep app in foreground while waiting to someone to accept my game offer.
The best Chess app in the world! This is an excellent chess game all it needs is videos. Amazing app. Dev answers you asap, wow! Got this app years ago and it just keeps getting better... Worth the purchase no monthly fees and awesome chess gaming!
Nice chess client Perhaps not perfect, but very close to it. Neat interface for playing on ICS, and that is really all I need.
Annoying disconnection problems Often disconnects without notification
Suggestions: 1) include my seek in seek list 2) programmable shortcuts for console and console history (backwards scroll of previous commands during console session)
Missing quick toggle for opponent Only gripe about the app, missing the quick toggle for switching between human vs human & human vs computer... Otherwise very good app
Frequent crashes This app is the best FICS client around. However it crashes frequently, leaving the clock ticking and the game forfeit. Very annoying. Other than that, features a pretty good user interface but the chat function should be integrated on the board, not a popup feature.
No status indications No indication when FICS logs you out. No indication when the game is over in some cases. Opponent's chat opens a modal window which will disrupt your play. Game requests should not be allowed and not be reported succesful when logged out. Once a piece is touched, there's no obvious way to discard the move so you have to remember it's original position. No premoves, no dropping. Overall OK but far from 5 stars.
Solid game I play it every day. Need I say more.
Question Anyone know what "manual" means next to an online opponent?
Excellent overall Good fine-grained difficulty settings and decent engine
Simply great. Great graphics, simple layout of settings. 3d(real, not just shaded to give 3d effect like other apps) 2d, as well. Love the difficulty Ratings to set the AI. Would really love it if there was a 2200 to 2400 rating!
Great chess app! Works brilliantly both offline and on FICS.
Great App for FICS and ICC Started using this as of version 5.05 and I love it.
Tablet Support Enhance tablet support would be great!
Awesome chess app Difficulty levels are on point. Has enough design options as well.
Best Best chess game around. Enough said.
One of the top tier Chess apps for android!
On the DroidX it was pretty weak, maybe 1400 rating, but on the S5 it is far stronger.
Great chess game. Use it all the time.
Best all round chess app
Ultimately useful and cool application!
Fine app Very cool app
Very Good One of the best apps for online play. Why no option to save my finished games to pgn or at least a share option to other chess apps that have option to save pgn?
The best chess ever!
FICS functions not cosistent. The PGN function is practically useless. Why include it? Now, many, months later after the above review, the game just hangs or locks up. This happens not matter how many times it is reinstalled or weather it is installed on another device. Why push updates if you are going to make the app less functional. AS of now it is useless for me.
Slightly disappointed Samsung note 2014. Slow, and sometimes does not take up the offers meaning games dont start immediately. If at all. Fix please.
Missing Features Two features if added will make it five star app. First is the ability to analyze online games with computer and second is live broadcast of international tournaments.
Once really annoying flaw Can we please not have the player names in the upper left and lower left corner of the board be clickable? It's a little annoying when I'm trying to move my rook with 9 seconds left in a Blitz game, and instead I get a modal dialog box telling me what my rating is, which frankly I don't care about since I'm playing as a guest anyway. I don't think this "feature" was always there, and I'm pretty sure the game was better off without it.
Needs improvement There are plenty of people to play against if it's an unrated game but if it's a rated game you get a blank screen like WTF..? it's o.k I guess but for a paid app it needs massive work.
A Novice with a suggestion Could you not add an option, Play Online, to the four options (Play, Problems, PGN File, Settings) and when it's selected bring up the online window that's now permanently on screen, but with it's Play Online option changed to Play? I don't play online and find the constant reminder a bit offputting, and even used a different chess app for a while becos of that. Now I've come back to my first Android chess I've decided to make my suggestion. I'm sure I'm not alone. Thanx for a really nice app otherwise.
I wish I can purchase again Simply the best chess app. I purchased this app many years ago and it just keeps improving. I would purchase again if I had to to a brand new super duper version of it.
No longer works on my Samsung S6 after the last update. Hangs indefinitely at "Authenticating".
Really good app. Well thought out. Would like to be able to make the play screen look like the setup screen.
The one The one
Mobialia Excellent chess app, I believe it's the best one out there. Many many features,and a strong chess engine,looking for a good chess app?,try this.
Perfect, far the best app... ...also like a lot analysis mode! Just noted a bug: playing problems human vs human doesn't work anymore - only vs. computer :( please fix!
Kiss Ass 3D interface Its like playing on an actual board