Download Melody to Chord Composer apk 1.011 free for Android smartphone
Apk file size: 6.8 MB
Melody to Chord is a simple way to inspire your compositions.
Play a melody with one finger and the app will show you which notes likely sound sour (colored red) and play chords to match your melody as you play it (the last 6 chords you've played are listed). It can also automatically play AI-generated melodies.
It's intended as a songwriting tool for inspiration. For example, play until you find/hear a combination of your melody and the AI-selected chord progression that works for you
If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions about this app, please e-mail me at [email protected]-
* This app includes 10 scales (including C-major, Maqam Rast/Blues, and 8 advanced Xenharmonic scales exclusively developed for this app)! Click on "Change Scale/Instrument options", put your finger on "Semaphore" and then drag up to use the scroll box and view all the scales.
* The app also includes over 10 different lead instruments.
* (incomplete) The "autoplay/demo mode" button causes the app to play its own melodies
* The "select original chords" option/button specifically aims to avoid using standard chords such as maj/min/sus for more original sounding songwriting
* Multiple choices for accompaniment instruments (not just lead instruments)
* Detailed manual selection of which chord types are used in accompaniment (e.g. allow 13th chords and major chords, but not minor)
Detailed Guide and FAQ:
*) To show all the 10 scales available (you can select from 10 musical scales, including Xenharmonic scale) *scroll down* in/on the scroll box.
*) The "Sourness Allowed" slider controls what types of chords are used (moving it all the way to the left only allows major/minor/add2/suspended chords...while moving it to the far left also allows more dissonant chords such as seventh, thirteenth, and augmented chords).
*) Gray notes trigger new chords.
*) The "Force New Chord" button causes any note you play, gray or not, that's not red to generate a new chord
*) Blue to dark pink notes are playable without having the program change chords to match (the more pink/dark, the more dissonant the melody will become).
*) Sour notes are shown in red when the "neighboring tones" button is activated and hidden/blank when the button is deactivated.
*) Bug fix - No more stuttering note sounds when a key is hit quickly/repeatedly
*) Improved autoplay engine (now focuses on ascending/descending melodies, not just random notes). Also aims for at least one closely-spaced 3 note motif per/before any large melodic jumps.
*) Several UI speed/response optimizations
Ampetus part of our Music & Audio and have average installs from 1000 to 5000. Last Update June 2, 2015. Google play rating is 89.2308. Current verison is 1.011. Actual size 6.8 MB.