Download LP Old Norse apk 1.4.1 free for Android smartphone
Apk file size: 541.0 KB
Old Norse can be studied as the language of the Eddas and the Icelandic sagas; the ancestor of the Scandinavian tongues; or, because of the Viking presence in the British Isles, a major influence on the development of English. But while many of its words are recognisable, the connections are often vague or misleading, and it follows a more complicated grammar than most of its modern relatives. The answer is ultimately memorisation, which is where Liberation Philology Old Norse can help.
Whenever you have a moment to spare, your phone can call up a rolling multiple-choice test that helps you practise Old Norse vocabulary and grammar. Each answer you give is immediately confirmed or corrected, and your knowledge is reinforced by as much repetition as you find useful.
• Vocabulary: 335 levels, each testing your ability to translate ten words between English and Old Norse. Interspersed among these are cumulative levels reviewing what has been learned earlier (for a total of 377 levels).
• Nouns: Tests your ability to parse and to decline all types of Old Norse nouns.
• Pronouns: Tests the declension of Old Norse pronouns.
• Verbs: Tests your ability to parse and to conjugate weak, strong, and irregular Old Norse verbs.
An additional module allows you to review the word-list for the vocabulary test, and the paradigms for nouns, verbs, and pronouns.
• Updated and refreshed for the latest operating systems.
• You can now adjust the length of the delay while answers are shown.
• Fewer taps are required to change levels.
• Adds an option to disable the use of colours for communicative purposes.
David Arthur part of our Education and have average installs from 500 to 1000. Last Update Jan. 5, 2015. Google play rating is 93.913. Current verison is 1.4.1. Actual size 541.0 KB.
I like it but it lacks... I really like it but it needs a button that can b pressed that will say the word so you know its being pronounced correctly as well as visual pronunciation that shows the word broken down into syllables. This would be extremely helpful and would get a five star rating outta me.
It's a great supplementary learning tool for students of Old Norse; however, the interface could use a bit of work.
Simply Amazing!!!! Amazing App highly reccomended!!!!
Love it It works great, I do think it's old vest norse (spoken in norway and Iceland) and i can finally learn old norse on the go instead of dragging a ton of books everywhere I go.
Great app! Its worth getting just for the vocabulary. The verbs, nouns, and pronouns section could be a little more broken up.
Convenient and useful! It certainly could have accompanying pronunciation guides or audio, but just having all the vocabulary here, in an engaging format, is fantastic. If you're learning Old Norse, this app is for you.
Really bare bones Don't get me wrong, it's the best ON resource on Android, but for $4, I expect pronunciation guides (recordings and written). So it's good enough, but definitely not great.
An excellent resource... But that does not stop me wanting more! A section for prepositions would be a simple but very useful addition, for example.