Download LP Old English apk 1.3 free for Android smartphone
Apk file size: 576.0 KB
The Old English language is at once recognisable and unfamiliar: many words resemble ones that are used today, but their meanings are not always the same, and they can take many more forms than in the modern language.
Liberation Philology Old English helps you master these complexities by practice. Wherever you have your phone handy, it is ready to drill you on Old English vocabulary and grammar with a continuous multiple-choice test. Your answers are immediately confirmed or corrected, and reinforced through repetition.
• Vocabulary: 150 levels, each testing the translation of ten words between modern and Old English. A further 330 levels cover the vocabulary of Beowulf in approximate sequence. Interspersed among these are cumulative levels reviewing what has been learned earlier. Interspersed among these are cumulative levels reviewing what has been learned earlier (giving a total of 542 levels).
• Nouns: Tests your ability to parse and decline all classes of Old English nouns.
• Verbs: Tests your ability to parse and conjugate a full range of weak, strong, and irregular verbs in Old English.
A further module allows you to review the vocabulary word-list and the noun and verb paradigms.
• Updated and refreshed for the latest operating systems.
• You can now adjust the length of the delay while answers are shown.
• Fewer taps are required to change levels.
David Arthur part of our Education and have average installs from 500 to 1000. Last Update Dec. 27, 2014. Google play rating is 89.6296. Current verison is 1.3. Actual size 576.0 KB.
Pronoun paradigms would be great! I also liked the black background better, would be nice to be able to change it manually. Anyway it's still great.
So far so good Maybe the addition for pronoun paradigms would be helpful to others?
Fabulous Definitely worth the $2. Great for vocab but also super helpful for learning paradigms (and significantly more engaging than just memorizing a chart).
Finally! Great OE practice app This app is great practice for students taking Old English or self-directed people with an accompanying grammar book. It tests your knowledge of vocabulary, noun declensions, and verb conjugations. It's not self-explanatory, and there are no phrases or sentences, so it will work best with a book (or good OE grammar website), but as an app it is perfect. I will be recommending it to my OE students. I'm looking forward to trying Old Norse and Gothic apps. One bug: Any time a nominative plural noun is shown and "Nom. Plur" is selected, the answer appears in blue (instead of green) and is counted as incorrect.
Very useful but needs a few improvements This app is very useful as far as it goes, but since it is for the beginner, the following changes would perfect it: marking of long vowels; marking of "dotted" c and g; paradigms for pronouns.