Download LocShare apk 1.0 free for Android smartphone
Apk file size: 2.1 MB
LocShare lets you share your location with your friends so that they reach your exact location using guidance from the app. The app uses your GPS coordinates for getting your location and then the haversine formula for calculating the distance between your current location and target location. It also acts as a compass pointing towards the direction of the target location. LocShare also lets you record (remember) your current location for future reference. It maintains a list of locations which includes your friend’s locations and your remembered location. LocShare is best for finding people in a small radius. However, it can also work for large distances using google maps. It has many utilities:
1. It is very precise. So if you are in a big mall and want to locate your friend in the same place, the app will point towards him/her and also give you the distance. If you follow it’s path, you will eventually reach your friend.
2. It also has advantages over google maps. Google Maps gives you directions only to places which are connected by roads over a big distance in kilometres. But LocShare can work in a crowded place too. If you’ve got to find someone in a crowded place, you can just exchange locations with the person and the compass will point towards the person and give you the distance.
3. Another advantage over google maps is that google maps uses an address to get locations but LocShare uses coordinates so it is useful if you want to go to a remote location which is not listed on google maps or want to find a lost person.
4. LocShare lets you record your previous location so it is useful to find where you came from so that you do not get lost; or Maybe you parked your car somewhere and don’t remember it. LocShare will guide you to your car’s exact location.
Using the app:
1. Make sure you are connected to the internet and your GPS is on or it will not work.
2. Wait for the current location to change from (0, 0) to your location. Click the remember button to record your location.
3. Click the plus sign to add a location to the list below.
4. Click the clear button to clear the currently selected location.
5. Long click the clear button to clear the whole list.
6. Clicking show directions will take you to google maps. Don’t use it unless you have to go to a distant location.
7. Click the share icons beside the GPS coordinates to send your location to your friends using any messaging service.
8. Click “Calculate distance” to calculate the distance between current location and selected location.
9. Click get direction and scroll down to see a compass pointing towards the selected location.
Note: You have to click calculate distance each time to update the distance between current location and selected location.
ZelioTech Inc. part of our Travel & Local and have average installs from 50 to 100. Last Update Jan. 18, 2015. Google play rating is 100.0. Current verison is 1.0. Actual size 2.1 MB.