Download Herddit (Reddit Audio Reader) apk 0.9.1 free for Android smartphone
Apk file size: 3.4 MB
NOTE: This app is currently only for Android 4.0+
Sick of using your eyes to surf Reddit like a sucker? Want to look like you're listening to music at work while you actually zone out listening to r/showerthoughts? Well Herddit should fit the bill.
Herddit is a highly configurable app that will will allow you to kick back close your eyes and listen to a continuous stream of posts and comments utilising your phones built in TTS and Voice recognition software.
~ 4 different play modes:
* Voice: Control the playback of Subs/Posts/Comments using voice commands.
* Hand: Control the playback of Subs/Posts/Comments using phones touchscreen.
* Headlines: A continuous playback of posts from your selected Subreddits with no need to interact.
* Auto Comments: A continuous playback of posts and comments from your selected Subreddits with no need to interact.
~ Interact by Logging into Reddit (using voice or hand controls):
* Up/Down Vote posts and comments.
* Open Links and Open Threads.
* Import you subscribed Subreddits.
~ Simple Controls: to jump around between Subs/Posts/Comments at anytime during playback.
~ Alarm Clock Mode: Have Herddit automatically start in the morning with your phones alarm clock (great for getting your morning headlines).
~ 3 different visual themes (2 of which are high contrast themes for users with visual impairments).
~Highly configurable! Specify:
* Which Subreddits and playback order
* How many posts
* Post sort order eg: new vs top etc
* Allow/Skip NSFW, Stickied Posts, Self and/or Link Posts.
* Whether to playback comments.
* How many comments
* Comment sort order
* Voice playback speed and volume (separate for normal and alarm mode)
~ 100% Free, with No Adverts!
- 'Read Phone Status/Identity' - Variety, but mostly required to pause playback when incoming phone-call occurs.
- 'Modify Storage' - Cookies for sign in and Subreddit import process.
- 'Disable your Screen lock/Prevent phone from sleeping' - not directly utilised, required by Tasker App Factory.
- 'Full Network Access' - because Reddit would suck without the internet.
- 'Run at Startup' - Only invoked when using Alarm Clock mode. Otherwise is non-functional
Got a question or a suggestion. Head over to reddit.com/r/herddit or email me at [email protected]
If you are going to use Herddit while driving you should only use "Headlines" or "Auto Comments" Modes. Using Voice or Hand modes present a potential distraction to you and put the lives of yourself and those around you at risk. So drive responsibly.
This app is in no way affiliated with Reddit. We just really like it :)
One fix - Comments failing to read. Have hopefully future proofed parsing of comments for constant updates to reddits json regarding stickied posts :I
Fuelled By Trash Apps part of our Lifestyle and have average installs from 500 to 1000. Last Update May 30, 2015. Google play rating is 87.7778. Current verison is 0.9.1. Actual size 3.4 MB.
I don't know if it's an issue with my phone, but the buttons are non responsive, and I can't exit the app other than force closing from app info
More than great! No other app like this one. Great idea with great execution.
Super impressive. Awesome creative little app.
Innovative! Very useful indeed. Although it can use a better UI, it does its job quite well.
It's really great It did what it suppose to be