Download Heat Stress apk 1.1 free for Android smartphone
Apk file size: 2.2 MB
The Heat Stress in Livestock and Poultry App allows the producer to calculate heat stress based on the measured barn temperature and relative humidity. The resulting calculation shows the level of heat stress experienced by the livestock or poultry. It provides the user with suggestions to reduce heat stress and improve animal and poultry comfort to help maintain feed intake and overall productivity. The mobile app integrates research and production information from OMAF and RA (Ontario Ministry of Agriculture and Food and Ministry of Rural Affairs) publications and University of Guelph research on livestock housing. In addition to English, the app supports French and Spanish.
The app features:
- 3 languages: English, French and Spanish
- 7 types of livestock
- temperature changes in 2 degree increments (metric/imperial)
- humidity changes in 5% increments (metric/imperial)
- a variety of ventilation systems
- heat stress levels ranging from No Heat Stress to Emergency
- practical actions to take to reduce the effects of heat stress in livestock and poultry
The App was funded by the University of Guelph Knowledge Translation and Transfer (KTT) Funding Program, 2012.
Technical content provided by Robert Chambers, P.Eng., Harold House, P.Eng., and Daniel Ward, P.Eng. Development by Douglas Griffith, and graphics by Justin Carvalho, under the supervision of Dr. Qusay H. Mahmoud, Director of CMER.
Centre for Mobile Education and Research part of our Weather and have average installs from 1000 to 5000. Last Update March 20, 2013. Google play rating is 60.0. Current verison is 1.1. Actual size 2.2 MB.