Download First Responder Support Tools apk 3.25 free for Android smartphone
Apk file size: 9.7 MB
FiRST provides police, firefighters, security, and emergency management personnel easy access to map-based improvised explosive device (IED) standoff distances and hazmat spill evacuation areas. The IED standoff data is based on criteria set by the DHS Office for Bombing Prevention and FEMA 426, Reference Manual to Mitigate Potential Terrorist Attacks Against Buildings. Users can also define custom IED types and standoff. Hazmat evacuation and reference data is based on the 2012 Emergency Response Guidebook (ERG). Important: Access to DHS IED standoff data requires a statement of need by those not registering with a .mil, .gov, or .us email address accounts; this statement is provided via the app.
Features of the software include:
- Display IED Mandatory Evacuation and Shelter-in-Place Zones for 8 pre-defined bomb sizes and user defined custom IED types
- Display Isolation Zones and down-wind Protection Zones for over 3,000 chemicals
- Display distance to glass breakage, injury, and structural damage based on bomb size
- Information displayed on Google Maps, with similar functionality to zoom, search by address, current location, and map/satellite/hybrid views
- Automatically retrieve current weather from Weatherbug (www.weather.weatherbug.com) or forecast weather from the National Weather Service (US only) or Meteorologisk Institutt (Worldwide); weather can also be user input or input using the phone’s compass functionality
- Results shown geographically as well as text based
- Search and display predefined points of interest (schools, nurseries, hospitals, police/fire stations, and government facilities) from Google Search services to identify key facilities within the incident area
- Run roadblock analysis service that identifies within seconds the optimal location of roadblocks to isolate the incident area
- Place and label points on the map to identify key locations
- One-button summary of results (text, map image, map data shape and kml file attachments) in an email to disseminate to other responding personnel
- Includes reference material from the 2012 ERG and important chemical contacts for quick calling
- Store map images (including legends) for reference when connectivity prevents access to network maps
For more information, go to http://www.firstsupporttools.com
Update to WeatherBug weather service
ARA Developer part of our Books & Reference and have average installs from 1000 to 5000. Last Update Oct. 7, 2015. Google play rating is 92.6667. Current verison is 3.25. Actual size 9.7 MB.
Very useful I use this app in my day to day job as a hazmat specialist and it is very useful.
Very unique app for 1st Responders Awesome. Also helpful to identify other road closure reasons (car accident)
Great Tool Best app of it's kind and easy to use. Highly recommend.
Very limited, guess I'm a suckerrefers to free 2012 erg for data but does not post protective area or allow input. No measurement tools. Buyer beware - thought $12 would mean a professional app...not reading gps on galaxy s3 Very limited, refers to free 2012 erg for data but does not post protective area or allow input for many hazards. No measurement tools. Buyer beware - thought $12 would mean a professional app...not reading gps on galaxy s3. Better off with google earth and the erg book. Not user friendly. Should have known better with homeland security funding.
Super tool for my profession! I highly recommend this tool for GOV Security Professionals!
Great app Lots of stuff
Disappointed! I The apps ok but useless without the ied access code. Only works for a hazmat situation and Not worth $9.99! Too many similar apps for a small charge or better yet free.
Wow Truly an excellent app for first responders! Easy and intuitive to use, very responsive and fast, accurate POI's. Registration was a breeze on first run of the app. Couldn't be happier with this purchase.
Excellent app with truly useful information I have been an active fire service hazmat technician for over 20 years and responded to hundreds of incidents. This app provides the ACTIONABLE information that is needed at all hazmat incidents and explosive stand off distances. Advanced plume modeling has rarely been useful to me but establishing protective action distances has been essential every single time. The app quickly brings up and overlays protective action distances on satellite map imagery centered on the incident site. This overlay of the zones onto an actual image makes the setting of those zones much easier to convey. The app also utilizes real time weather from the web. The information/image can then be sent wirelessly over the cell phone back to the ICP/EOC by email from the field and was pasted into our 201 forms and/or distributed instantly to personnel setting the zones. The fact that all this is done on the smartphone in my pocket is amazing to someone who has been doing this since the DOT guide only had about 20 chemicals. Great job. Thank you.
All around great app as soon as I used this app I noticed the integration of many different, but familiar, resources makes FiRST every user friendly, fast and accurate.