Download FAIMS App 2.0 apk 2.2 free for Android smartphone
Apk file size: 16.0 MB
FAIMS 2 is a mobile app for offline data recording that uses a customisable module to work with your workflow. It provides a platform for offline, multi-device, spatially-aware data collection. Contact us at [email protected] for custom modules and hardware recommendations.
"... the tablet app worked very well in the field and I would be keen to continue using it for subsequent sampling. … " - Dr Rose Turnbull (NZ Geochemistry)
"... The app has been such an incredible advantage in terms of workload, data quality, and a number of other data management issues with which archaeologists regularly have to deal. It readily links disparate data types that are otherwise stored separately – such as photographs, tabular logs, and context relationships. I can see this user-friendly app being easily transferrable to other projects, and the support team has been brilliant. … " - Dr Jessica Thompson, Australian Research Council Fellow and Project Director for MEMSAP
* Full offline functionality using a local server (after instantiation all features of the modules and server work without internet connection, including the GIS).
* Easy synchronisation and backup across multiple mobile devices and a local server
* File management (storing photographs, scanned drawings, digital vector drawings, audio recordings, and other arbitrary files in designated folders on the server, and connecting them to records in the database).
* Mapping / lightweight GIS, including the display of vector and raster data, and the manual creation of vector shapes.
* Full versioning (the ability to review and, if necessary, reverse all changes made to a dataset) achieved through an append-only data store.
* Customisable data storage and user interfaces, including logic. Data schemas and UIs are created using XML definition files. Customisable logic includes defaults, validation, “repeat any record” (or a selected record), and other automation to speed data entry.
* Dataset compatibility from the moment of creation. As part of project setup, users can alias core concepts in archaeological recording with their own terms. This initial process replaces resource-intensive manual column mapping at the time of ingest into a repository while still producing semantically compatible datasets for regional and comparative research (a process accomplished through a novel application of localisation / internationalisation).
Intersect Australia part of our Tools and have average installs from 500 to 1000. Last Update June 21, 2015. Google play rating is 100.0. Current verison is 2.2. Actual size 16.0 MB.
Excellent with Heurist