Download Explore and Learn Shapes apk 1.02 free for Android smartphone
Apk file size: 18.0 MB
Explore and Learn Shapes is an entertaining educational app aimed at children aged 2 to 5. There are eight fun shape games guided with voice over by the friendly character Lucky the Leprechaun who lives in a colourful land under the rainbow. Knowledge of shapes forms the basis of all learning and is essential for preparing children for the following:
When children learn to recognise shapes such as circles and triangles, they are building fundamental skills that will help them recognise numbers and letters. When they start reading, children often learn to recognise words by their 'shape'. The same skills apply when children start writing and also when they start to work with numbers and understanding mathematics.
Explore and Learn Shapes reinforces abilities such as:
•Assessment of difference
•Understanding relative sizes
Lively music, full voice over and sound effects accompany the games and Lucky the Leprechaun responds to the child’s efforts with positive encouragement and congratulations as appropriate.
Correct answers make the shapes turn to golden coins that drop into Lucky’s pot of gold with a satisfying jingle. There are prizes in the form of stickers to be chosen and collected every time the child completes a series of four games. Using the stickers the child is able to build their own unique scene which also serves as an indicator to the parents of how many games the child has successfully completed.
Via the parental settings, the app can be customised to offer only those games an individual child is comfortable with. The settings also enable selecting which colours and shapes to include in the games, thereby enabling parents to introduce specific shapes and colour as the child progresses with their learning.
Games can be as straightforward as choosing a particular shape when prompted, through to a simple pairs matching game, or a game involving re-assembling a 'broken' shape via a jigsaw. At all times the games are fun but also educational, improving concentration and memory, and strengthening learning.
The app includes the following games:
1. IDENTIFY DIFFERENT SHAPES: Help Lucky the Leprechaun identify a requested shape. Teaches shape names and shape recognition.
2. SHAPE JIGSAW. One of the shapes has fallen apart. Help Lucky put the shape back together. Teaches coordination, decision making, problem solving, patience, persistence.
3. MATCHING SHAPES. Turn over the cards and help Lucky find pairs of matching shapes. Improves concentration, memory skills and shape recognition.
4. SMALLEST SHAPE: Help Lucky find the smallest shape. Teaches categorisation, visual perception.
5. LARGEST SHAPE: Help Lucky find the largest shape. Teaches categorisation, visual perception.
6. COUNTING SHAPES. Help Lucky the Leprechaun count all the shapes on screen. Teaches numbers and counting. (Includes numbers up to 10).
7. IDENTIFY DIFFERENT COLOURED SHAPES: Help Lucky the Leprechaun find the shapes of a particular colour. Teaches colours.
8. IDENTIFY WHICH SHAPE IS DIFFERENT. Help Lucky the Leprechaun find the shape that is different from the others. Teaches shape and pattern recognition.
The app includes the following shapes:
The app includes the following colours:
★★★★★ Eight different games ★★★★★
★★★★★ No In-App Purchases ★★★★★
★★★★★ No Advertisements ★★★★★
★★★★★ No confusing menus or navigation ★★★★★
★★★★★ Tested by babies and toddlers ★★★★★
Mediakitchen takes children's privacy very seriously. Our apps do not collect any personal information.
Mediakitchen part of our Education and have average installs from 100 to 500. Last Update Oct. 4, 2013. Google play rating is 80.0. Current verison is 1.02. Actual size 18.0 MB.