Download English Ramayan apk 1.0 free for Android smartphone
Apk file size: 4.2 MB
The Ramayana is a Sanskrit epic poem written by the Hindu sage Valmiki . Hence it is called Valmiki Ramayana. Ramayana consists of 24000 verses in seven books and 500 cantos and tells the story of Rama which is the avtar of Hindu supreme god Vishnu, whose wife Sita is abducted by Ravana , the king of Lanka , the current day Sri Lanka.
Ramayana explores human values and concept of dharma.
The epic is divided into several major Kandas(books) which deal with chronologically with major events in the life of Rama. The division into 7 kandas is as follows :
1. Bala Kanda : The origins of childhood of Rama , born to King Dasaradha of Ayodhya and destined to fight demons. Sita swayamvara and subsequent wedding to Rama.
2. Ayodhya Kanda :The preparations for Rama's coronation in the city of Ayodhya, his exile into the forest, and the regency of Bharata.
3. Kishkinda Kanda : Rama meets Hanuman and helps destroy the monkey people's king, Vali, making Vali's younger brother, Sugriva, king of Kishkindha instead.
4. Aranya Kanda : The forest life of Rama with Sita and Lakshmana, his constant companion. The kidnapping of Sita by the demon king Ravana.
5. Sundara Kanda : Detailed accounts of Hanuman's adventures, including his meeting with Sita. Traditionally read first when reading the Ramayana, this book's name derives from the fond name given to Hanuman by his mother.
6. Yuddha Kanda : The battle in Lanka between the monkey and the demon armies of Rama and Ravana, respectively. After Ravana is defeated, Sita undergoes the test of fire, completes exile with Rama, and they return to Ayodhya to reign over the ideal state.
7. Uttara Kanda : The detailed story of Ravana's life, his encounter with Lord Shiva , Vali, Sugreeva's brother and Kartha Veera Arjuna and many others until Shurpanakha's humiliation in the Aranya Khanda is retold by sage Vashishta to Rama and Sita. Rumors of impurity lead to Sita's banishment, during which she gives birth to and raises Lava and Kusha.Later, in course of time Sita diappears into the earth. The twin boys of Sita later ascend the throne of Ayodhya, after which Rama reaches vaikuṇṭa upon requests from the gods. People of Ayodhya who followed Rama were offered santhanika lokas.
In this app , we gave only upto Yuddha Kanda. Users access the app using pdf viewer.
Aashrith Parvathaneni part of our Education and have average installs from 100 to 500. Last Update May 22, 2015. Google play rating is 100.0. Current verison is 1.0. Actual size 4.2 MB.