Download Ecodown apk free for Android smartphone
Apk file size: 0 bytes
EcoDown is an application that uses ultrasound findings from the second trimester of pregnancy (e.g. genetic sonograms) to calculate a pregnant women’s risk of having a child with Down syndrome. It has been designed exclusively for physicians, specifically for specialists in obstetrics and gynecology.
The application includes four Clinical Prediction Rules that quantify how the different components of a pregnant women’s medical history, laboratory tests, and ultrasound examination results can predict her risk of having a fetus affected with Down syndrome. The CPRs used in this application were chosen for their quality and ease of collection (i.e., they include ultrasound findings that are readily identifiable by specialists). All CPRs have been previously published in peer-reviewed scientific journals and are characterized by:
1. Proper validation.
2. Adequate availability of the techniques necessary for obtaining them.
3. Their usefulness in facilitating the recording and proper classification of these patients.
4. The fact that they allow for adjustment of the cutoff point used, provided that the risk of false negatives for the chosen cutoff is acceptable.
The population groups most appropriate for this application are:
1. Pregnant women with no prior screening.
2. Pregnant women classified in the high risk group as determined by prior screening but do not want to undergo invasive prenatal diagnostic techniques.
3. Pregnant women in the low risk group as determined by prior screening, but very close to the cutoff point (close to limit risk).
4. Pregnant women with an ultrasound marker for Down syndrome in the second trimester (regardless of prior screening).
5. Twin pregnancies
For more information, see: Moreno-Cid et al. Systematic Review of the clinical prediction rules for the calculation of the risk of Down Syndrome based on ultrasound findings in the second trimester of pregnancy. Prenat Diagnos. 2014; 34:1-8.
Disclaimer / Legal Warning
The information contained in this application is directed exclusively towards physicians; for correct interpretation of the results, specialized training is required.
The results do not require the performance of any medical procedure and should not be considered diagnostic tests, but rather statistical estimates of the risk of Down syndrome. The access to this application, along with any possible use made of the information and content herein, shall be the sole responsibility of the individual user.
Use of this application implies agreement with these terms and conditions.
Grupo EcoDown part of our Medical and have average installs from 1 to 5. Last Update April 23, 2014. Google play rating is 100.0. Current verison is None. Actual size 0 bytes.