Download DashDroid - Safe Driving App apk 1.0 free for Android smartphone
Apk file size: 3.1 MB
LAUNCH SPECIAL. Since the response for our promo was so great, we decided to extended it to the end of November! All features will be free, until December 1st when it goes back to $2.99! Download today!
We all know we shouldn't use our phones while driving, but we still do. That is why we created DashDroid.
DashDroid is the most intuitive car driving application available. It is designed to make using your phone while driving extremely simple. No longer do you have to take your eyes off the road to look for Google Maps, Pandora, Spotify, Music, Rdio, etc. You can find them all by simply turning your phone's screen on. DashDroid is fully automated and works seamlessly in the background of your phone with minimal battery usage.
DashDroid knows when you are driving, and when you are not. When you are driving, it will put your phone in car mode and perform such features as:
1. App Launcher Screen: Choose from 10 of your favorite apps to use while driving. As tempted as you may be to put Candy Crush, Game of War, Clash of Clans, and the Kim Kardashian game in DashDroid, please do not. Last thing we want is to make it easier to be distracted! If you aren't sure what apps to use, we mean apps like Google Maps, Pandora, Spotify, Phone, Contacts, Hangouts, etc.
2. Block text and phone calls: So you are driving and need a reason to ignore people's phone calls and or text messages, this feature is for you. This automatically block calls and texts from disturbing you, and lets you focus on driving.
3. Auto respond to texts and phone calls: If you opt to block calls or text, DashDroid can send a text back letting them know you are driving. You can be as snarky as you like as the message can be customized.
4. Unlock pass code while driving: No longer do you need to press your pass code while you are driving. DashDroid knows that you are driving and will unlock your phone for you, and once you stop driving, it will relock it. Saves keystrokes so you can quickly t̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶e̶l̶f̶i̶e̶ check traffic while driving.
5. Auto bluetooth: Forgot to turn on your bluetooth before you drive? This feature will automatically turn on bluetooth so it can connect to your car. Don't have bluetooth in your car? Time to upgrade that hooptie. JUST KIDDING. No really, time for a new car.
6. Auto turn off wifi: Most sane people don't need Wi-Fi while they drive. This feature will turn off Wi-Fi on your phone while you driving, allowing you to save your battery for more important stuff.... like Flappy Bird.
7. Auto turn off bluetooth: Only use bluetooth while you are driving? Why bother leaving it on all the time!
This is just a few features of Dash Droid. Many super kick ass features are in the works, so stay updated and let us know what you think!
Follow us @dashdroid on twitter.
1. What is the battery usage? If you choose to use GPS to detect if you are driving, on LOW mode expect DashDroid to use about 10% of your daily battery usage. If you set it HIGH, expect about 20% of battery usage. We are refining our detection method and expect In the future versions to get it down to 3-5% daily battery usage. Currently using Activate on bluetooth daily battery usage is near ZERO. If your car has bluetooth, it is best to use this option.
2. I can't seem to uninstall DashDroid? This is because if you turned Disable Pass Code on, DashDroid has became a device administrator. You must go into your phone's Settings, then Security, then Device Administrator. Then you must uncheck DashDroid as Device Administrator. You should then be able to uninstall like normal.
3. How does using DashDroid make driving safer? To be honest, the safest way to drive is to fully abstain from using your phone while driving. But then again, we are human and love being connected. DashDroid makes it simple to quickly access your favorite driving apps, and stop text messages.
DashDroid part of our Transportation and have average installs from 5000 to 10000. Last Update Sept. 9, 2014. Google play rating is 76.0684. Current verison is 1.0. Actual size 3.1 MB.
Pretty good, but... What about people who have this app installed and are frequently passengers? I don't need my phone to go into dashboard mode if I'm not driving. Rather than having to open the app, press the exit button, and confirm exiting, I'd like to see a 1x1 widget that just starts/stops the service without any additional prompt. That way I can easily keep it off when I'm a passenger or even just most of the time, and also easily turn it on before I go to drive and back off if I want after I'm done driving.
Cool app, but it definitely needs a landscape mode This app works great except for the landscape mode. All other features seems to be working nice. The UI seems attractive & easier to use unlike few others out there. This one will Surely help you in driving safely. Waiting 4the landscape update. ...
Frustrating This app really isn't for me.. It doesn't get used at all then switches itself on when I've merely walked into the house. And yes, I have exited in app.. Most annoying is the fact I can't uninstall it. Tells me it's device admin and needs deactivating. Press deactivate, and get the same message again. GET THIS OFF MY PHONE!
Great app that doesn't distract your driving! This app has great features that lets me use my phone while not being distracted from driving. Best app ever!!
Great app! It works perfectly on my Android phone. The cool thing is you can pick and choose what you usually use while driving and put them in the front as a convinient button. Like me, I chose map, phone, music and yelp, they are out there when I need them. Second, you can customize your own text, whatever you want people know that you are driving at the moment. So cool right? People should start using this app because it's not only for your safety but also for your convinience. Great app!
Best app ever for safe driving This app is for every driver. This app makes the road safer by eliminating distracting calls and texts. You can get to your essential app with one button and let you focus on driving.
Please support landscape! My car dock holds my phone in landscape mode, I'd love to be able to use this app more efficiently! Also, having the persistent notification be the lowest priority so it doesn't stay in the notification bar would be great.
Needs shortcuts and voice control It definitely needs shortcuts to be added as well as applications. I would like to be able to press a single button to call my wife as opposed to opening an app then scrolling. Also needs voice control.
Great app, must have for safe driving... Very nice interface and very helpful features...Thanks DashDroid!
Good, maybe not great. I'm still up in the air about this app. In speed sensing mode (medium), I couldn't get the app to to realize I was in motion for about 15-20 minutes. I bought a Bluetooth audio adapter for the car and use that as the trigger, and that works well, but sometimes I'll unlock the phone and it's in dashboard mode when I'm nowhere near the car. Not sure why. It seems to be doing the most important stuff though; auto-activate, auto reply to texts, and mute text notifications.
Useless for me without landscape mode Nice idea but need landscape mode - will definitely give 4 or 5 star when landscape is supported
My roommate introduce me to this app and it works great! :)
No option for km/h or music controls What are miles even, metric system please. Also would be cool if we could control music (next, previous, shuffle etc) from dashdroid. Has potential to be good though.
Does not delete I cannot delete this of my samsung s4. I do not want this app!!!!!!!!!!!
Won't let me uninstall. What is going on?
Great app It would be good to have an option to toggle data on and off.
Its ok but needs landscape to work well in a vehicle.
Good app Does what it says it does!
Can not uninstall! Says need admin permission and no disable on app itself.
Pretty good But needs a bit more customizability to be really great.
Bluetooth setting works great Whenever I'm in the car, the Bluetooth connects and provides an auto answer for incoming texts. I love it.
Great App! Its sleek interface makes it extremely easy to use.
Looks Great Looks really good! Would be interested to know what the difference in times is between the low/medium/high speed checks are.
Battery hog Great up, but it sucked my Galaxy S5 battery dry. Uninstalled.
So far OK. But can u pls offer choice of metric speed.
How do I uninstall this app? I have made numerous attempts in various ways to uninstall this app. I found another similar app I like better. Can someone assist?
Kills battery on Nexus 5 It starts running when I'm not even driving and drains battery all day. It rarely automatically runs when if I'm driving. No landscape mode support. I still have to press buttons after using voice activation to make a call.
Landscape mode PLEASE Ill give five stars when landscape mode can be activated. Nice app by the way.
Good app Good app. Actually blocks calls and sends them to voicemail so no distractions at all.