Download CliqTags Beacon Writer apk 1.02 free for Android smartphone
Apk file size: 72.0 KB
Use this simple tool to configure iBeacon-compatible beacons from Wellcore, primarily for use with CliqTags (http://cliqtags.com) and CliqTags Beacon Reader (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.abiro.cliqtagsbeaconreader), but it can also be used for configuring beacons for other iBeacon-compliant apps.
CONFIGURE A BEACON
1. Enter the password provided with the beacon (for security reasons not mentioned here).
2. Enter Major ID and Minor ID to your liking.
3. Optionally select Power and Interval. The defaults should work for most cases.
4. Hold a beacon close to the phone (the app will configure the closest beacon).
5. Click on Write while holding the beacon still.
6. Rinse and repeat.
- You need to have a device that supports Bluetooth 4.0, and that has Bluetooth activated, before you can configure beacons.
- Preferably choose one (preferably randomly selected) Major ID that you use for all beacons in a given context, to decrease risk of ID conflicts.
- Minor ID auto-increments after successful configuration, to make it easy to configure multiple beacons.
- The measured power at 1 meter (that is reported by the beacon) is calculated based on the set power and calibrated using an iPhone.
- The app currently only works with beacons from Wellcore (e.g. provided via CliqTags Store), so don't attempt configuring other beacons. There's no standard for this.
- A CliqTags-specific UUID is set, but you can use the configured beacon with any iBeacon-compliant app.
- CliqTags supports any iBeacon-compatible beacon, when properly configured.
For information about CliqTags and offered beacons, please see http://cliqtags.com and http://store.cliqtags.com
Abiro part of our Tools and have average installs from 100 to 500. Last Update Nov. 3, 2015. Google play rating is 81.0606. Current verison is 1.02. Actual size 72.0 KB.