Download Catholic Words and Games apk 1 free for Android smartphone
Apk file size: 142.0 MB
Colorful flash cards and exciting games to help teach Catholic vocabulary words at home, in the classroom, or on the go! All in one app!
“Catholic Words & Games” is a fun way to help parents, grandparents, teachers, homeschoolers, catechists and youth ministers teach Catholic vocabulary words to their little ones. The app is a collection of five fun and educational learning tools and games. It’s 5 apps in 1!
• NOT a crippled demo
• NO In-App purchases
• NO distracting banner ads
• NO annoying pop-up ads
• All 5 modules are 100% included
• Nothing else to buy
• Created with kids in mind!
But more than just kids, the words may be new to adults too. Do you know when a “crotalus” is used? Or who sits on a “faldstool”? Or the proper color of a “mozzetta”? If not, this app can teach you and the games are fun for all ages.
At the core of “Catholic Words & Games” are the fun flash cards. Over 65 colorful illustrations were created just for this app. No boring clip art or grainy internet photos.
Advance the flash cards by swiping or select the slideshow feature. Play the flash card deck in six different modes. Hear the name of the objects properly pronounced by a professional voiceover artist. Tap the dictionary icon for a glossary entry with a real-world picture of the item.
The flash card deck is highly customizable. Pick and choose which cards to include to customize for little ones. Other settings allow you to turn the voiceover, music, sound effects and looping on or off. Have the cards appear in random or alphabetical order. The names can be displayed in “ALL CAPS”, “all lower case” or “Mixed Case”.
In addition to the flash cards, enjoy 4 different learning games to further reinforce the vocabulary words.
• MEMORY MATCH: Play the popular “Memory Match” game with colorful Catholic illustrations. Choose a 4, 8, 12, 24, 36 or 48 card game. Special “Show All” and “Show Revealed” cards add a new level of fun. As the cards flip, the object’s name is heard. Whimsical animations let you know you’ve matched a pair. Play against the clock, aim for accuracy, or compete against friends. Then, enter your high score. The audio, images and text make it fun to practice reading, listening and word recognition. An addictive way to learn new Catholic words!
• TAP IT: Is it an “aspergillum”, “mitre” or “surplice”? Find out by playing “Tap It”! Hear the name of an object, then tap the right picture. See how many you get correct before time runs out. Pick how many images to include in the “Tap It” game to make it easier for little ones or more challenging for older kids. You can optionally display the word instead of (or in addition to) hearing it’s name. Helps teach word association and image recognition.
• SPELL IT: An image appears and below it are letter tiles. Tap the tiles in the right order to spell the object’s name. Additional unused letters make the game more difficult—an option that can be disabled in the settings panel. Tap the speaker icon to hear the word. If you need help, tap on the “hint” icon and a few of the letters will fall in their correct order. The game tests memory recall and improves written communication by practicing spelling.
• NAME MATCH: At the top of the screen, object names appear in the “Word Bin”. A matrix of images appear below. Drag the name down toward the correct picture. If correct, the image glows and its name snaps into place. If wrong, the image shakes and the word returns to the bin. Race the clock or aim for accuracy! Improves hand-eye coordination and enhances vocabulary by reinforcing the name of the object with its visual representation.
Instilling a love and reverence for Jesus and His Church should begin at an early age. “Catholic Words & Games” helps you do just that. Introducing your little ones to these words will help them prepare to receive the Sacraments and inaugurate a lifelong journey of learning about the wonders of their Catholic faith.
Agnus, LLC part of our Education and have average installs from 100 to 500. Last Update Aug. 16, 2016. Google play rating is 83.3333. Current verison is 1. Actual size 142.0 MB.
Unique, great fun and educational too! Do you know what an aspersorium is? I bet you have seen one at Mass many times and never knew what it is called. I can't say enough good things about this game, which makes learning Catholic vocabulary words fun. Players learn basic liturgical words while browsing virtual flash cards (with available definitions/real-world photos) playing a simple matching game, spelling game, tap-it identification game or matching the name to the picture, all while being timed or scored or not. Up to 4 players at a time can use this - or it can be shared to a tv or computer screen/projector for classroom use in a "bee" format. Great, high-quality graphics and music make this fun for all ages. Highly recommended. Warning: this can be addictive!
very disappointed I work for a Catholic Diocese and am researching Catholic Apps to recommend. Sadly I paid the $5 for this app. If you are looking for something that is promoting outdated language and symbols, this is the app for you. this app wants children to know what a Triregnum is (which hasn't been used nice Paul VI) Baldachin and Fladstool, just to name a few. Not relevant. I did a sampling with some of those I work for. Each of them said it was repetitive and irrelevant. One was a home-school mother.
Please fix screen size issue This app does not even fill my whole screen on galaxy S6. This makes everything very small and hard to read. Please fix resolution issue.
Brenda Olguin Catholic for life It works great for me. I can't wait to show my kids and the kids at church during class.
Love the idea...but Not made for note 5, will download and give higher rating when it is
Started using at end of last school year, but wasn't compatible with my devices. Thanks so much for adding them for this year's clsss!! My kids love the flashcards and app!
Awesome game!! This game teaches the kids to be more familiar with the items attached to their faith - thanks for this!! My kids love it