Download Carrier Info apk 1.1 free for Android smartphone
Apk file size: 30.0 KB
Carrier Info is an application which can be used to determine the carrier information of the phone number i.e. the service provider information.
Why do we use this app?
Most of us have limited day time minutes and usually we would like to avoid answering calls or make calls which would cost us minutes i.e. the ones which don't belong to same carrier provider. Thus one could use Carrier Info application to determine the service provider of any US phone number and then determine whether to make a call or not. The app also provides an ability to provide the information whenever you recieve a call or about to make a call (one needs to enable this in the settings) so that you can save your valuable minutes. As information may not be correct always hence it is good to make a reject decision based on the information provided.
What's new in this application?
In addition to providing information for individual number, once configured the application would intercept both either incoming or outgoing or both calls and provide information so that one can determine whether to answer the call or not thus saving the valuable minutes/money.
1. Please read Help section to understand the app better.
2. If you enable intercepting of calls in setting of the application then the app would automatically provide information for every outgoing and incoming phone calls.
3. The app doesn't work for ported numbers. In future release we would verify all numbers belonging to Verizon and ATT.
4. The application maintains a cache to store the information so that next time when a lookup is performed for old numbers it need not connect to the network.
5. It only works for US phone numbers.
1. android.permission.INTERNET - This permission is required to make network connections to determine the service provider information.
2. android.permission.PROCESS_OUTGOING_CALLS - This permission is required to intercept the outgoing calls.
3. android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE - This permission is required to intercept the incoming calls.
4. android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - This permission is required to determine is network connection is available or not.
Version 1.1 - Bug fixes
Version 1.0 - Initial version of application.
Ashwin Patti part of our Productivity and have average installs from 5000 to 10000. Last Update March 14, 2011. Google play rating is 73.3333. Current verison is 1.1. Actual size 30.0 KB.
Very good application. It does what it says. Would have given five stars if the ported numbers were taken care off.
Doesn't work on sgs2 with ics 4.0.4
Useless Doesn't give me ANY Info on Any Number!!!!
Did not work for me I installed on my Samsung Galaxy S II but did not work at all. It always gave some java error and did not the carrier when i get incoming calls and same for outgoing calls.
Don't do anything Won't work on my RAZR. Fail app.
Doesn't work on s3
José A. "...sg...thanks..."030213"