Download Bilingual Aphasia Test apk 2.2.3 free for Android smartphone
Apk file size: 9.4 MB
Who is this app for :
Members of the Bilingual Aphasia Test Community, who have an Android Touch Tablet or
Android Smart Phone and who have used the BAT before.
What is the app :
AndroidBAT is a virtual paper stimulus book. It is a free OpenSource application which is simply
a ‘virtual paper’ version of the original BAT Stimuli PFDs, with ‘eyes’, ‘ears’ and ‘skin’.
The BAT was created by the Bilingual Aphasia Community of Researchers.
To run test, you need original eBAT Test PDFs, and a person who speaks the language you are
testing. The original Test PDFs, along with the instructions on how to administer the BAT are
presently available on 2 sites :
• McGill University – Linguistic Department – BAT
• École d’orthophonie et d’audiologie – Agora des professionnels de la santé - BAT
Why would you want to use the AndroidBAT instead of a PDF? The AndroidBAT has the added
benefit of allowing for a diversity of data collection integrated directly into the test. AndroidBAT
allows recording of eye-gaze and audio during a patient's interview, without visible external
camera or microphone, while providing more analyzable data (e.g., eye-gaze, audio, touch, etc.)
than the PDF format. Data can then be easily synced or shared with colleagues using Dropbox
AndroidBAT works on both tablets and phones. It has been tested on:
• Motorola XOOM 10inch Tablet
• Nexus 7 7inch Tablet
• HTC Desire 4inch Phone
• Nexus S 4inch Phone
User Guide for how to use the AndroidBAT buttons.
To report bugs or vote on new features.
The BAT was Androidified by:
• Gina Cook - iLanguage Lab, Montréal Canada
• Alexandra Marquis - École de Orthophonie et Audiologie, Université de Montréal
• Émie Dessureault - École de Orthophonie et Audiologie, Université de Montréal
• Kim Dan Nguyen - École de Orthophonie et Audiologie, Université de Montréal
Instructions & Source Code to create your own Android Aphasia apps
The BATScorer can be used to enter a patient's data, and calculate a patient's results, and will
run on any computer (Mac, Windows, Linux), on any mobile device (Android, iPad), anywhere
there is a modern browser (Chrome, Safari, Firefox).
* Greek, Kannada
Lots of bug fixes to support video recording on more devices.
Added direct link to view the Test PDFs for the chosen language.
* English, French, Inuktitut, Spanish, Hebrew, Russian, Greek, Kannada
* Eye-gaze (if Android device has a front facing camera, otherwise audio)
* Touch data in json format
* Patient details in csv format
* Handwriting in .jpg format
Other languages can be added, just let us know which ones you would like!
iLanguage Lab part of our Medical and have average installs from 1000 to 5000. Last Update Dec. 19, 2013. Google play rating is 62.2222. Current verison is 2.2.3. Actual size 9.4 MB.