Download Awarenessy apk 1.0.9 free for Android smartphone
Apk file size: 2.6 MB
Awarenessy shows you what your smartphone or tablet knows about you.
Awarenessy wants to make you aware of how much personal data you give by your everyday smartphone or tablet usage.
- Your most common places of residence in the last two weeks
- Your value for Facebook through your likes and posts
- Check Dangerous Apps : Checks all installed apps based on their danger to your privacy
- SMS Statistics : Shows how often you are messaging and which words you used the most. (Only on smartphones )
- Movement profile : Displays your recent movement on a map. Additionally draws the place where you have accepted/received a call and received/sent a text message. If you sign in to your Facebook account, all locations that you have visited (according to Facebook) are displayed.
- Phone Provider : Overview of the data that your phone provider knows about you. (Only on smartphones)
- Data Usage: Displays the Internet usage of all apps since the last restart of the device.
IMPORTANT: You have complete control over the data Awarenessy use. Furthermore Awarenessy stores all data locally on the device and will never hand over the data to anyone.
- 'Reroute outgoing calls' is needed to detect when the user is called.
- 'Read phone status and identity' is needed to recognize who is calling and to read the phone number.
- The permission 'Receive text messages' is required to read the messages for the statistic.
- The permission 'read your text messages' is required to read the outgoing text messages for the statistic.
- The exact location is required in order to obtain the location for the movement profile.
- 'Read your contacts ' is needed in order to assign each call and each SMS to the contact.
- Your own contact card is required to obtain your name for the phone provider's data.
- In order for Google Maps to work, the SD card must be read and written and the netwerk must be accessed.
- Google Maps also requires the permissions 'Read Google service configuration' and 'View network connections'
- The activity recognition is used only to record the positions while the user is moving .
- To track the movement, the app must be able to run at startup.
Awarenessy was developed at the Institute of Computer Sciences at the University of Innsbruck as a part of a bachelor's thesis. It was created in collaboration with the Network for Mobile Scenarios in Innsbruck (Univ.-Prof. Dr. Theo Hug, Dr. Petra Missomelius and Gerhard Ortner).
The app is free software: it can be used, distributed or changed under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
The source code is available under https://bitbucket.org/bstricker/awarenessy/.
Some bug fixes and improvements
- show info dialogs correctly on small devices
- some translation mistakes
- Address will know be calculated correctly
- Bug where a position far away from the others has been inserted should know be fixed
Benedikt Stricker part of our Tools and have average installs from 500 to 1000. Last Update July 30, 2014. Google play rating is 93.3333. Current verison is 1.0.9. Actual size 2.6 MB.
informative now you know, what devs know about you. Thanks!