Download Anthony Lumber Span Calculator apk 1.0.2 free for Android smartphone
Apk file size: 1.1 MB
The Anthony Lumber Span Calculator (Span Calculator) for Wood Joists and Rafters performs calculations for four species and numerous grades of commercially available softwood lumber as found in the "2012 National Design Specification® (NDS®) for Wood Construction Supplement: Design Values for Wood Construction with the March 2013 Addendum." Joists and rafter spans for common loading conditions can be determined. A "grade/size options" calculator allows selection of multiple grades/sizes for comparison purposes when a span is inserted. Maximum horizontal spans for joists and rafters are calculated based on the following assumptions and conditions:
• Joists and rafters are oriented to support vertical loads applied to the narrow (1.5 in. thick) face of the member, resulting in strong-axis bending.
• At least three joists or rafters are installed parallel to one another and spaced not more than 24 inches on-center, with properly designed sheathing attached on the top (compression) edge of each joist or rafter.
• Joists and rafters are single-span with adequate structural support at each end. The Span Calculator does not address cantilevered joists and rafters, multiple-span joists and rafters, or spliced joists and rafters.
• For joists and rafters, most building codes specify a minimum bearing length of 1.5 inches on wood or metal and not less than 3 inches on masonry or concrete. These minimum bearing lengths are to be used in the absence of calculated bearing lengths. Consult the local building code for specific requirements.
• Joists and rafters carry only combinations of dead load plus live load (D + L), dead load plus snow load (D + S), or dead load plus roof live load (D + Lr). The Span Calculator does not address wind load or seismic load.
• Buildings in regions with ground snow loads greater than 70 psf should not use the prescriptive provisions of the governing building code without approval of the authority having jurisdiction. Buildings in these high snow zones should be designed in accordance with accepted engineering practice.
While every effort has been made to insure the accuracy of the information presented, and special effort has been made to assure that the information reflects the state-of-the-art, Anthony Forest Products Company does not assume any responsibility for any particular design prepared from this Span Calculator application. Those using this Span Calculator assume all liability from its use.
Removed Southern Pine data previous to 6/1/13.
Anthony Forest Products Company part of our Productivity and have average installs from 1000 to 5000. Last Update March 20, 2014. Google play rating is 92.8571. Current verison is 1.0.2. Actual size 1.1 MB.