Download Another Bible App apk free for Android smartphone
Apk file size: 0 bytes
Another Bible App... the first question that pops up is likely: WHY? Well, let me answer that with:
- NO ads
- Both native android 5.0+ (material design) and android 4.0+ (holo) look. And if you like the other better, you can always switch (scroll down for settings) ;-)
- Full offline functionality, including a powerful search engine including a topical index
- The Bible is a collection of real, actual books and letters. It's not some abstract literary work and should not be read like one. Therefore by default - in reading mode - this app does not show chapter and verse numbers.
- No pesky notifications or other wannabee features.
- (And as the icing on the cake: no permissions (were!) required, right now the custom font selection option does require an internet connection, this however is hopefully a temporary solution)
Not everything is great and perfect though, the app was also build a technology prototype/showcase and as such will RUN BADLY ON OLDER DEVICES!!! I hope to make it better through the years and during the past year it has gotten a lot better, but there is still a long way to go.
With Android Lollipop Google introduced an entire new look for Android called Material Design. Although they also introduced a toolkit (Polymer) that should help in making cross platform apps look in the new Material Design look, a quick Polymer demo I made of this app in the Material Design look run extremely slowly. Either way, I ended up making a new version myself integrating both the old Holo look and the new Material Design look and I am quite happy with the result. And yes, I used the word "Material Design" so that people searing for "Material Design Bible" or "Android 5 Bible" will be more likely to find this result. Sorry, the tips & tricks below might be more useful to read ;-)
Tips & Tricks:
- At the bottom of the book list there is a setting panel
- Long press on bible books to get a pericope list
- Drag along the right side of the screen whilst reading a book to quickly navigate through chapters, next slide left without letting go to go to a specific verse.
- Sometimes the search functionality will not index the Bible correctly and get stuck at 100%... I have seen this happen twice (out of tens and tens of re-installs), so if it happens to you, feel free to contact me, but so far a quick re-install has always fixed the issue for me.
See the new "what's new?"-section for what's new exactly. Major work has been done on the underlying code, so if anything breaks: please do tell me and I will try fixing it as quickly as possible.
David Mulder part of our Books & Reference and have average installs from 500 to 1000. Last Update May 19, 2015. Google play rating is 78.5714. Current verison is None. Actual size 0 bytes.
Almost there ... Great app, however I think the salmon color is not aestheticly pleasing. Also is it possible to use ESV version?
Well done and to-the-point Straightforward; doesn't try to do too much. It uses the Lexham English Bible, a contemporary, accurate, and readable translation. I like the option of toggling the chapter and verse numbers to enhance readability. The chapter/verse picker is well done, though it takes a little getting used to, and a more traditional chapter/verse picking grid might be advisable. A few more font style/size options would make the app even better. (UPDATE: Developer very responsive. Updated design/fonts look great).
Best Bible App out there All what I've been searching for, the best part: everything works offline! Even searching for topics and words.
Please load at the least KJV, Amplified, etc and your would win my best lollipop Bible app. Please when is this going to be effected. Cheers.
Very good Bible App! ;) Perfect! And follows material design guidelines which is a definite plus! :D
Looks nice, but add more settings as well as themes to destroy the weird peach color