Download Animal Shogi apk 1.0.1 free for Android smartphone
Apk file size: 3.5 MB
A great two player board game where you will have to use your brain if you want your animals to win! Based on Dobutsu shogi, the game that started a craze in Japan, Animal Shogi is a small Japanese chess game that can be played in 5-10 minutes. Without the slow starts of chess, this game will have you thinking hard and anticipating your opponent in just a few moves!
With attractive visuals and simple-but-powerful rules, this game is a great way of introducing children to the rules of chess, and teaching them to think ahead.
No internet or phone details required, play anywhere and everywhere. Looks a treat on tablet devices, which are perfect for sitting around together!
SEO: Animal Shogi, Dobutsu, Doubutsu, let's catch the lion
== RULES ==
1. Players take it in turns to make a move, with the starting player determined randomly. On each move they can either move a piece one space in a direction indicated on the piece, or drop a piece from their hand.
2. When you move one of your pieces on top of one of your opponents pieces, it is captured and goes into your hand. You can then place it back on the board as your own piece later.
3. If a Chick reaches the far end of the board, it is promoted into a powerful Hen! A Hen reverts to a Chick when it is captured.
== WINNING ==
There are two ways to win the game:
1. By catching, or 'checkmating', your opponent's Lion. This is where you manage to trap the Lion so that it is guaranteed you can capture it on your next turn, no matter what move your opponent makes.
2. By moving your Lion to the far side of the board, as long as doing so does not allow your Lion to be captured on the following turn.
DEFEND YOUR LION AT ALL COSTS
Any feedback is welcome, so feel free to either email us or tweet us at @ringpull_!
Version 1.0.1 - Removed unused permissions. Now there are precisely none!
Ringpull Games part of our Board and have average installs from 10000 to 50000. Last Update Aug. 29, 2013. Google play rating is 81.5274. Current verison is 1.0.1. Actual size 3.5 MB.
Would pay for expanded version Great app, really lets you get to the fun parts without the confusion. I'd pay any money to have this app expanded to the Dobutsu Shogi in the Greenwood version
Very fun game I've been playing FIDE Chess and a few Asian Chess games for most of my life. This game is a wonderful introduction to all of them, not just to Shogi as the inventor intended. The game mechanics are explained quite clearly; however, there is one bit of information missing from the rule set: as the program will not let you move into check, the 3rd winning condition is to stalemate the opponent (that's consistent with Chinese chess-stalemated person loses). The program could use some improvements: 1-game recorder! 2-sound effects. 3-As it's for beginners, there should be a small, but clearly visible, picture of the Hen on the Chick and vice-versa, showing how the promoted/unpromoted piece moves. Ability to play against an AI and also against other people via Internet or Bluetooth.
Fun game It would be better if you could play online though.
Awesome game - i need cpu opponent 'Nough said
Amazing This is an intertaining game that keeps me busy, the only thing misssig is the possiblity to play against A.I.
No AI and no online play Really needs one or the other to be interesting. Even a basic AI would be helpful.
Simple fun game for kids and adults!
Animal Shogi Fantastic new game that's good for your brain, good for kids and simple to get started but tough to master
Simple, fun, easy.. Gameboard only though, but a great way to learn or teach the basics of Shogi.
Does not work on Nexus 6
Cool Cute animals + complex strategy = win!
This is a lot of fun! I agree that it would be great to have an option for a solo human player.
Nice game My daughter 7 yo loves it