Download AndroSys Resourcer DEMO apk free for Android smartphone
Apk file size: 0 bytes
THIS IS A CRIPPLED DOWN DEMO of the AndroSys Resourcer. There are TWO limitations in the demo. First, it scans all installed packages, just as the full version does, but only allows to view resources in the android system package and in 2 more randomly choosen packages. Second, saving any XML resources is disabled.
AndroSys Resourcer is an app resource viewer, intended primarily for Android developers. It scans all packages installed on your Android device and lists those that allow viewing of their resources. All defined resource types (such as drawables, menues, layouts XML and others) are displayed, and for many of them the Resourcer provides specialized viewers.
Here is how specific resource types are supported:
- anim, animator, interpolator, layout, menu resources are displayed as individual XML sources and may be saved to SD card (in the full version).
In the XML viewer, resource references to strings and drawables are clickable and display the referenced value.
- Small drawables are displayed immediately in the list, larger ones are shown in a popup. Source for XML-based drawables can be viewed and saved. Animated GIFs (as loaded by Resources.getMovie()) are played in a dedicated viewer activity.
- Composite XML-based drawables such as state-lists or frame animation sequences can only be seen as XML. Viewers for these resource subtypes might become available in a future update.
- Simple values such as strings, colors, integers and dimensions are all correctly displayed or can be viewed in the source XML.
- Color state lists and plurals are fully supported and have their own viewer popups.
- For raw resources the app looks up a suitable external viewer activity, so that any audio and video media types supported by Android can be viewed.
Q: "Can I view any app's resources with this?"
A: This is not guaranteed. This tool requires the R class of the viewed application to be present in the APK. Since the class only contains constants, obfuscators may easily remove it, leaving the app entirely out of Resourcer's list. So far, the author's experience has been that most app developers do leave resources in their apps available, but for any particular app you'll just have to check and see.
Q: "Why does this tool only save XML?"
A: The Resourcer is not designed to be a reverse-engineering tool, but rather an interactive viewer for learning how certain features in an app can be produced (e.g. by looking at the XML layout of activities), hence the emphasis on XML. Extracting resource images and media files is technically very simple, but the author can't think of many legitimate situations where you'd need to grab images from other people's apps.
Q: "What's next?"
A: With respect to specific resource types, this app might benefit from a few more dedicated viewers, for items such as compound drawables, menus and animations.
However, the framework developed for this app is quite generic and can be used for displaying various kinds of system information (such as widgets, services, searchables, content filters and more). Whether or not any of this will ever be implemented, depends mostly on the popularity of this app and the user demand.
AndroSys Apps part of our Productivity and have average installs from 500 to 1000. Last Update Feb. 19, 2013. Google play rating is 100.0. Current verison is None. Actual size 0 bytes.