Download AHAA apk 3.0 free for Android smartphone
Apk file size: 31.0 MB
This is an electronic version of the printed book: A Guide to Australian Health Care Acronyms & Abbreviations (AHAA). To Assist with interpreting Clinical Handover 3ed. Over 1600 acronyms and abbreviations representing terminology from all departments including: Physiotherapy, Dietetics, Oncology, Maternity, EENT, Psychiatric, Infectious Disease and various Medical and Surgical disciplines. Other terms found in clinical documentation and common investigations including pathology reports are represented.
There is a brief description of the terms to help provide context and provide understanding to assist with interpreting handover and other clinical information.
There are multi choice questions to test your knowledge. Can be played in either a fun mode that provides feedback and allows multiple attempts to select the correct answer. The other is an exam mode that only provides a final score.
How to use this app:
N.B. Before you can access the app you must click to agree to the terms and disclaimer.
1) The cover page of the "A Guide to Australian Healthcare Acronyms and Abbreviations" will be found when the application is launched.
2) Tap anywhere on the screen to view the list of the whole Acronyms available.
3) You can enter the Acronym you are searching for. Alternatively you can use the quick scroll on the right of the screen to search for the acronym as they are listed in alphabetical order.
4) Click on the acronym to open up the description of the term and there is a sound icon that you can click to hear the term spoken by the author.
The first game is a fun way to build your knowledge by choosing the category you wish to explore, select the number of questions you would like to answer in the round, answer the multiple choice question by selecting the correct acronym and when you select the correct answer the full term of the acronym appears. Then you can move to the next question.
The exam is a bit harder version of the quiz which has the same questions set out in categories for you to choose. The difference is that there is no feedback during the game and only a score is provided at the end. If you get all correct you get a well-deserved round of applause.
2) Tap any where on the screen to view the list of the whole Acronyms available.
3) Use the search button if available to see the search box. Enter the Acronym you are searching for. The app helps you by listing the Acronyms that match the characters entered in the search box.
4) In order to get the user practice these acronyms a Quiz which has a set of random unique questions prepared by the author with feedback/revealed answers is provided.
5) Exam is a bit harder version of the quiz which has a set of random unique questions prepared by the author is provided, this will assess the answers and gives you a score.
6) The app comes with the pronunciations of the acronym directly by the author, this can be accessed by clicking the speaker symbol on the screen in the details page.
- Bug Fixes in Quiz.
- Minor changes in the quiz questions.
- Voice redesigned to support more mobile models.
- Changes in quiz description and feedback.
- Design to get unique questions per session.
Jennifer Louise Irvine part of our Education and have average installs from 50 to 100. Last Update May 11, 2016. Google play rating is 86.6667. Current verison is 3.0. Actual size 31.0 MB.
It is really helpful! The quiz is fun too It is great to be able to hear the words spoken and not by a computer!
It's great to learn abbreviations, pronunciation of words not from a computer or with an american accent. I have found it very informative. The quizzes are great with learning abbreviations.
Needs more Suffix and prefix and root words would be nice for the amount paid!